2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2015 5:14 AM by Jean-Christophe Quirin

Rotation angle

Jean-Christophe Quirin Level 1

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to change the axis of rotation of an object , such as a wheel can be driven in rotation by its central axis, front view , therefore , is it possible to change the axis of rotation for example a screw, can I create the axis of rotation of its central axis, but seen from above . I left two images to better myself understood . I think this is not possible as EDGE does not own the images of the other views , but I ask anyway. Thanks.

axe_2.jpgaxe_1.jpg

• 1. Re: Rotation angle
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Select your object. You will see the blinding box and the origin. Select transform tool in top menu. You can now drag the Origin where needed.

See my tips on edgeheroo.com

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Rotation angle
            Jean-Christophe Quirin Level 1

Hi, thanks for your reply,

You ve learned me something by changing the Origin when using Transform, but it doesn't change the axis of rotation it changes the position of the main axis of rotation. About your web site you wanted to write : edgehero.com instead of edgeheroo.com i think.

About my problem, it think it is not possible cause Edge can't create images that it doesn't have and it also can't "think" and "create" 3D elements from one image.