7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2007 2:05 AM by Newsgroup_User

OMFG!!!! Read this

davidprovost Level 1
      How do you fade out a song playin on ur main timeline when a certain button is pressed?????
        • 1. Re: OMFG!!!! Read this
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          you need to use the sound class to instantiate your sound and then you can fade its volume in a loop. setInterval() is ideal for creating that loop when your button is pressed.
          • 2. Re: OMFG!!!! Read this
            Perseus101 Level 1
            If you are serious about needing help, please be serious and post it properly.
            • 3. Re: OMFG!!!! Read this
              davidprovost Level 1
              quote:

Originally posted by: Perseus101
              If you are serious about needing help, please be serious and post it properly.

When I just post the problem, I never get answers...so when I post a question with a topic that triggers something in your mind that makes you click on it...I find the help much faster. Thank you for your helpful reply.

• 4. Re: OMFG!!!! Read this
                davidprovost Level 1
                quote:

Originally posted by: kglad
                you need to use the sound class to instantiate your sound and then you can fade its volume in a loop. setInterval() is ideal for creating that loop when your button is pressed.

Hey kGlad....not to sound lame but Im not much of an actionscripter yet...could you walk me through with a littttle more detail. Your the pro thats all I know you helped me way back in the day with making the car game and you must be the best actionscripter I know. Is there some actionscript I could just add the the button after the on(release) to make this happen?
                • 5. Re: OMFG!!!! Read this
                  kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                  there's no code you can use to control that sound if it's attached to a frame. you have to right click on the sound that's in your library and give it a linkage id. and remove any attachment to a frame that sound may have.

then you can use actionscript to control your sound.
                  • 6. OMFG!!!! Read this
                    DZ-015
                    here's how to use setInterval:
                    • 7. Re: OMFG!!!! Read this
                      Level 7

kglad wrote:
                      > there's no code you can use to control that sound if it's attached to a frame.
                      > you have to right click on the sound that's in your library and give it a
                      > linkage id. and remove any attachment to a frame that sound may have.

That's is correct but there is one way around that.
                      You attach the sound to frame in movie clip, you can than give that clip instance
                      name and use that name in sound object as target.
                      This is how we work around with fading out Streaming sound layered with animation
                      within movie clip timeline.

--
                      Best Regards

Urami

--

!!!!!!! Merry Christmas !!!!!!!
                      &
                      Happy New Year

<urami>
                      If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
                      </urami>