• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player won't creates a shockwave error windows 64

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never had a problem with Flash Player before the most recent update.  I'm using Windows 64, Mozilla Foxfire.  When I try to get online, the screen freezes while loading and I get a shockwave error that asks if I wish to turn it off.  I've tried all the steps to fix the problem (i.e. uninstall, empty the cache, make sure Mozilla Foxfire is up to date, etc.) and nothing works; I still get the same problem.  If I uninstall Flash Player (leaving everything else -- shockwave, etc.), the problem goes away; so, Flash Player is the problem.  I did try uninstalling all of this and switching everything to internet explorer, which I hate, (i.e. uninstalling all the adobe add ons -- shockwave, flashplayer, etc. and reinstalling for I.E.) and I got the same problem.  On another forum, someone suggested this had to do with the fact that Flashplayer was only made in a 32bit version of Win7?

I'm at a loss.  Can't figure out what to do to fix this and, obviously, many things on the internet won't play without Flashplayer installed.  What's the fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're running into is the slow script dialog, which we throw when we recognize that specific Flash content is consuming a large amount of CPU time.  Flash Player works fine in Windows 7 64-bit, so lack of OS support isn't the issue.  (Maybe in 2010, but not at this point anyway...).

It's a strange problem, especially where you're seeing it across a large number of web properties and in two fairly different versions of Flash Player (each major browser has a significantly different version of Flash).  The best theory I can come up with is that the binaries themselves are damaged after installation (we check them during installation to ensure that they weren't tampered with in transit, so you'd fail at install time if they were damaged during download), or maybe we're trying to buffer content to disk and weird things are happening.

You could try checking the disk for errors and then doing a clean install of Flash.  I'm guessing you'll find some problems.  Sometimes corrupted software is an early indicator that your disk is going bad.  It's wise to ensure that you have current working backups, especially if you have anything important on the machine.  Checking the disk for problems is a relatively safe operation, but will also give the disk a workout.  If it's on it's way out, you may not get a lot of additional warning.

Checking the disk for errors:

http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2641432

Once you've checked the disk and repaired any problems, then try a clean install of Flash Player (this is the nuclear option, but it eliminates a lot of variables):

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

If you're still running into problems, it would be really useful for me to have a few example sites that exhibit this behavior.  I'll try and reproduce them on a comparable machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SSD is one year old (give or take) and, given that it's an SSD, it's not likely to be "going bad" but I did do a disk check just to be sure some coding didn't get screwed up somewhere.... no joy (which I guess I should be happy about).  Anyhooo, I'm glad you mentioned that because that was something I hadn't thought of (so thanks for that).  Since I'd done a complete uninstall (from the Flash Player uninstall -- not the standard control panel method) before to attempt to fix the problem that's been done and didn't work....  I've run full system virus scans, root kit scans, etc. and I've come up empty there (i.e. my baby is as clean as the day I made her).  Scratching my head on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you uninstall and roll back to the Extended Support Release, do you have the same issue?

Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page you refer to appears to only concern those who are distributing Adobe products (and, therefore, would need a license to do so).  I downloaded the free program for my personal use.  In other words, I'm not distributing the program to anyone and, therefore, don't have a license nor do I, would I, need one.  So, uninstalling and rolling back and "extended support release" appears to not apply since, I don't have one.... unless, of course, everyone who's ever downloaded Flash Player from the Adobe website for their own personal use automatically becomes a distributor....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't have a problem with you using the ESR for personal use.  You just need a license to redistribute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My point, Jeromie, is that I don't have an ESR and, therefore, your suggestion makes no sense.  In other words (since you missed it the first time), if one does not have a thing on their computer (ex. an ESR), one cannot uninstall it; and, if one cannot uninstall a thing from one's computer because one never had it on one's computer to begin with, it can't be the problem.  So, let's try this one more time before I ask you to give this to a colleague (since you obviously work for Adobe) to have them troubleshoot this.  What other things can I try to get this to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines