1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2015 1:28 PM by A.T. Romano

Avi and Adode Premiere Elements 12

astridfrance83400

I just bought Debut Video Capture Software to make training videos. If gives .avi files. When importing them in APE12, i just got the sound and not the image.

I can't find which Codec is used for the files.

I don't know where to find an updating codecs for APE12. Obviously the update is done when I look on the software ..

Sorry for my English, but i'm French and these technical words are not currently on my field ...

Thanks for you help I need that really fast . For tonight i'll have to use Microsoft Movie maker ... what a shame !

• 1. Re: Avi and Adode Premiere Elements 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

astridfrance

Please download and install the free codec utility named GSpot and tell us the readings for

Video Name, Codec, Status

and

Audio Name and Status

Other information found, such as frame size and frame rate would be helpful.

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

There was a report of a Premiere Elements Debut issue that led to the user using a different screen capture program.

In the following the user does not say which one.

Can't import .avi files?

If Debut is offering AVCHD or H.264.avi, then that is likely the flaw since Premiere Elements does not support the combination

of AVCHD or H.264 video compression with an .avi file extension.

Can't import .avi files?

Let us see if we can find out from your Debut .avi source what video compression Debut is using. Have you tried alternative Debut formats

for your Debut screen captures?

We will be watching for your progress. Movie Maker may be the way to go if you decide to stay with Debut, with or without using Movie Maker "as a converter"

to get the Debut files into Premiere Elements.

ATR