7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2015 12:25 PM by A.T. Romano

Problems uploading video to YouTube

drayvrphotographer

1. Can I not upload my long video onto YouTube through my Adobe Premier Elements 11 Publish option? (I am getting a duration error message). I am able to take the computer viewing option and then upload to YouTube from their site.

2. I am getting a thick black bar border around my video when viewing on YouTube. How do I get rid of that?

• 1. Re: Problems uploading video to YouTube
          A.T. Romano Level 7

drayvrphotographer

Premiere Elements 11 on what computer operating system?

What are your project settings? What are the export settings that you are using for the Premiere Elements file that you are uploading to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

YouTube has a 16:9 player. That and mismatched Premiere Elements settings are probably involved in your issue. Please see

Advanced encoding settings - YouTube Help

Please supply the information on your project preset, properties of source media, and the Publish+Share/Computer/ settings so

that we can sort through the details to reach the solution.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Problems uploading video to YouTube
            drayvrphotographer Level 1

I believe I have my Project Settings set up correctly at the frame size of 1920 x 1080 at 30fps.

My Premiere 11 software will not let me probably shipped directly to YouTube thru Publish+Share since the video clip is nearly 2 hours long.  I get a duration error message.

The only way I'm able to upload to YouTube is to put the clip out under the Computer option of export files for viewing on computers. I then am going into YouTube and uploading that file. The result is the black border on the sides and top on the clip.

What do I need to do?

Sincerely,

David Ray - Event Photographer

Best Value Wedding Photography

336-549-0145

www.bestvalueweddingphotographybydavidray.com

Please review my Proshow slideshow sample:

http://web.photodex.com/view/bmdcpbm4

THE BEST COMPLIMENT YOU CAN GIVE ME ON MY

PHOTOGRAPHY IS A REFERRAL

• 3. Re: Problems uploading video to YouTube
              A.T. Romano Level 7

David Ray

Please look to your export settings in Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30.

Use the default settings. Do not customize the preset under the Advanced Button/Video Tab.

Before the export to file, please double check your project settings to assure that, if you have a 1920 x 1080 16:9 source, your project preset is set for one with 16:9 description.

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30

To confirm that set, please see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readouts for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if the fields look grayed out.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Problems uploading video to YouTube

I will try what you recommend but, again, how do I get around the duration error message that I continue to receive?  (I am assuming that Premier is not letting me publish directly to YouTube any clip longer than 15 minutes even though I can get around that when I upload from YouTube directly). My video file is around two hours long and is 6.5 gig.

Unless I can get around the error Premier will not let me upload directly to YouTube.

As I previously stated I am having to export to the Computer export option and then uploading that file directly to YouTube from their site.

Sincerely,

336-549-0145

• 5. Re: Problems uploading video to YouTube
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

drayvrphotographier

You cannot exceed the file size duration limit of Premiere Elements' built in YouTube feature even if you have obtained an extended time account at the YouTube web site. That extended time account works only for file uploads direct to the YouTube web site, not through the Premiere Elements' built in feature. This applies to all the Premiere Elements versions which have this YouTube feature.

As points of reference for some Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature limits

Premiere Elements 11.....................2.00 GB/15 Min 0.00 Sec

Premiere Elements 12/12.1............2.00 GB/15 Min 0.00 Sec

Premiere Elements 13/13.1............2.2 GB/15 Min 0.00 Sec

There is no workaround that has ever appeared to make Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature accept more than the stated limits.

Please let me know if you need supplemental information on the above, settings for export to file saved to the computer hard drive or other.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Problems uploading video to YouTube

I'm still a bit confused.

So this means if I create a video from Adobe Premiere that is more than 15 minutes long and download it externally onto YouTube, I still not still cannot get rid of the black border bars?

Sincerely,

336-549-0145

• 7. Re: Problems uploading video to YouTube
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

drayvrphoto

I am not seeing any way for the black borders have anything to do with the duration of the file.

The black borders have to do with the properties of your Premiere Elements and how

YouTube is converting it once the video file is upload to there. Keep in mind, that YouTube uses a 16:9 player.

Advanced encoding settings - YouTube Help

Did you have a chance to read the content of that link?

So, let us go over the details which should help us offer an explanation for your black borders at the YouTube web site viewing....

1. What is the project preset for the Premiere Elements project? If you do not know, please tell us the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if they look grayed out) under Edit Menu/Preferences/General?

2. When you export your Timeline content, are you using for the export Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30 or something else.

If you started with 1920 x 1080 16:9 project and files, exported with 1920 x 1080 16:9 export settings, then the file taken to YouTube will be 16:9. No black borders. If you upload a 4:3 file, the YouTube document will show you what you are up against with its 16:9 player.

Please review and consider. If you need clarification, please let us know.

Thank you.

ATR