1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2015 5:45 PM by John T Smith

How do I fix InDesign (.idd) documents opening with Premiere Pro?

Motion0w22 Level 1

Windows 7 64 bit running inDesign CC 2014:

For whatever reason InDesign (.idd) documents kept trying to open in Premiere Pro and failing, obviously.

Obviously I first tried the open with/properties set default program method several times to no avail.

I thought I had found the solution by opening the Set Default Programs panel (Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations) and setting the file association to indesign.exe.

1. I located the program exe (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2014) and clicked 'Open'
      2. That dialog (is that the right name?) closed and it should have shown up in the Open With dialog but it still doesn't (see image below)
      3. I closed the dialog and the default programs window reloaded but still the file is associated with premiere pro. Windows won't accept the InDesign.exe programs association

Any ideas how I fix this? It's not the end of the world but it's a nuisance, especially as InDesign and Premiere Pro take a while to load up. Is there a more techie way of fixing this (without wrecking my computer). My laptop doesn't have this issue with the same software/files.

Thanks

idd.PNG