3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2015 6:59 AM by A.T. Romano

Premeire Elements 13 - can't import files into Project Assets, Expert Mode.  Win8.1

Krauss Bicycles

Hello there - I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling.  Can't seem to figure this out.  In other computers, I have imported files into the Project Assets area to "pre-edit" before adding to timeline.  I can add media directly to timeline in Quick Mode, but it's too cumbersome.  Really need ability to select segments of media in the Project Assets list.

Any help greatly appreciated as I spent a ton of $$ on a new computer and program!!

Thanks folks!

• 1. Re: Premeire Elements 13 - can't import files into Project Assets, Expert Mode.  Win8.1
          A.T. Romano Level 7

krauss bicycles

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8.1 (assumed 64 bit).

What is the typical outcome...

a. Expert workspace open....Add Media/Files and Folders/and no import into Expert workspace Project Assets, but you do find the import switching to Quick workspace Filmstrip?

b. Quick workspace open....Add Media/Files and Folders and media goes directly to Filmstrip. And, if you switch to Expert workspace, you find copy of import in Project Assets?

c. Other

Please delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the

Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exist. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see

the whole path described.

If that does not work, then do the uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts), and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Download and install the 13.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premeire Elements 13 - can't import files into Project Assets, Expert Mode.  Win8.1
            Krauss Bicycles Level 1

Thanks for the quick reply!

What is the typical outcome...

a. Expert workspace open....Add Media/Files and Folders/and no import into Expert workspace Project Assets, but you do find the import switching to Quick workspace Filmstrip?

Expert workspace open - Clip does not show up anywhere when Add Media/Files and Folders

b. Quick workspace open....Add Media/Files and Folders and media goes directly to Filmstrip. And, if you switch to Expert workspace, you find copy of import in Project Assets?

the clip will be in the Filmstrip in Expert but not Project Assets area.

c. Other

I can open clips from Organizer into Expert workspace filmstrip, but still no clip available in the Project Asset area.

I will follow the instructions above and report back in perhaps a few days or so.  Thanks for being clear!!

• 3. Re: Premeire Elements 13 - can't import files into Project Assets, Expert Mode.  Win8.1
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Krauss Bicycles

Thanks for the reply with important additional information.

Please give the following a try if you have not already.

Place a video or still in Documents. Open Premiere Elements 13/13.1 to its Expert workspace.. Right click the computer taskbar, select Cascade Windows.

Then drag the video or still from Documents into now resized Premiere Elements window - Expert workspace Timeline Video Track 1.

Does the video or still appear on Expert workspace Video Track 1 and does Project Assets pop open to display the thumbnail of the video there?

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR