5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2015 8:57 AM by ronys408

Did a project, the audio file from the project is beeing carried to the next project

ronys408

I did some projects using Premiere Elements 13. After completing project #34 I worked on project #35, 36, 37. The audio from project #34 is taking over the audio on project #35, 36, 37

• 1. Re: Did a project, the audio file from the project is beeing carried to the next project
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ribts408

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

What you describe in not possible but it is happening so we need as much detail as possible.

What is this audio from #34 - the whole audio from numbered audio tracks, narration track, and soundtrack or a specific audio file from #34 that is mysteriously showing up in Project Assets of projects #35, 36, and 37. Is it showing up in Project Assets as well as appearing in the one of the audio tracks?

Are projects #35, 36, and 37 separate project files with .prel file extensions?

Let us start here and then decide what next, maybe deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. But, not certain about the troubleshooting path without more details.

ATR

• 2. Re: Did a project, the audio file from the project is beeing carried to the next project
            ronys408 Level 1

Hello,

Thank you for looking into this for me.

I am transferring family videos from VHS tape to DVD using a DVD Recorder. Then I am creating a new project and a new folder (project #1, project #2, etc.) for each DVD and saving my work to the new folder.

I’m using Premiere Elements 13.1 and windows 8.1 64-bit Intel i-7-4710 2.5GHz processor.

I created 33 projects, no issues at all. I didn’t like project #34, I had black side bars on the video, similar to 4:3 on a 16:9 screen. I decided to delete the project and to re-do it.

I deleted the project, restarted my computer and started over, using the same DVD. I selected  The render process was way longer than usual, the Premiere Elements stopped responding. I restarted my computer.

And this is where my problems started. On every new project created after project #34, project #35, 36, 37 the AUDIO 1 is associated with project #34!!!!

When I’m checking the .vob files the audio is fine.

Projects that have longer time-line, longer than project #34, have the correct audio AUDIO 1

Please let me know what do you think. Needless to say I deleted and recreated project #34 over and over again. All previous 33 projects are fine.

Thanks,

Rony

• 3. Re: Did a project, the audio file from the project is beeing carried to the next project
              ronys408 Level 1

Hello,

I have not seen any response to my posting.

BR

Ron

• 4. Re: Did a project, the audio file from the project is beeing carried to the next project
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Ron

Sorry for the delay. I have been traveling and am trying to catch up on the replies. Almost there.

My first impression from what you wrote is that each of these DVD video files (VTS_01_1.VOB and others in the series) may have

content that in found in the other because of what was going on when a VOB met its file size limit (about 1 GB)

and rolled over into the next (VTS_01_2.VOB etc).

Please clarify...

1. You have a folder for each DVD whose video contents you edited.

a. You talk about projects 34, 35, 36, 37. Are these projects associated with only one specific DVD?

What is supposed to be in each project - just edited VTS_01_1.VOB or edits from the others in the series

such as VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB, etc.

2. If you screen each DVD video file VOB for a given DVD disc, does the content follow sequentially and cleanly?

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Did a project, the audio file from the project is beeing carried to the next project
                  ronys408 Level 1

Hi,

Question:

1. You have a folder for each DVD whose video contents you edited.

Answer: Yes

Question:

You talk about projects 34, 35, 36, 37. Are these projects associated with only one specific DVD?

What is supposed to be in each project - just edited VTS_01_1.VOB or edits from the others in the series

such as VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB, etc.

Answer:

Project 34 has edited Premiere Elements file 34 and the VOB files (VST_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, etc) from DVD#34

Project 35 has edited Premiere Elements file 35 and the VOB files (VST_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, etc) from DVD#35

Project 36 has edited Premiere Elements file 36 and the VOB files (VST_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, etc) from DVD#36

etc.

Question:

2. If you screen each DVD video file VOB for a given DVD disc, does the content follow sequentially and cleanly?

Answer:

Yes

When I run the VST_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, etc from each project the audio and the video are clean and match.

When I run the edited Premiere Elements file that were created after project 34 edited Premiere Elements file project 35, 36, 37 etc. I am getting the audio from project 34

When I run the edited Premiere Elements file that were created  before project 34 edited Premiere Elements file project 1, 2, all the way to 33. I am getting the correct audio

Thanks,

Ron