7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2015 3:30 AM by haxtbh

Why am I getting a 500 error on a newly installed Coldfusion 11?

isaiah.vallejo.cgm

I am running CentOS 6.6 with Apache 2.2.15.  All were installed today, on a newly provisioned VMware guest.

When I browse to http://10.213.42.200/CFIDE/administrator/ from my laptop, I get a 500 error.  I read that I may need to access from localhost. 

2015-03-31 20_37_20-.png

So, I installed X windows and a desktop client, then connected to the VMware console for the machine and browsed to localhost.  I got the same 500 error.

2015-03-31 20_38_29-10.213.200.202 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

This is a very vanilla install, and I can make any changes necessary.  What suggestions do you have, or what additional information can I provide to gain an answer?

• 1. Re: Why am I getting a 500 error on a newly installed Coldfusion 11?
          haxtbh Level 4

Did you run the web server connector after the installation?

• 2. Re: Why am I getting a 500 error on a newly installed Coldfusion 11?
            isaiah.vallejo.cgm Level 1

I ran it during the installation.

I also tried running it afterwards. 

• 3. Re: Why am I getting a 500 error on a newly installed Coldfusion 11?
              haxtbh Level 4

Inside the Coldfusion11 directory (where ever you installed it to) there will be a logs folder. Have a look at coldfusion-out.log to see if there is any clue. Also worth checking the Apache logs to see if it shows anything.

• 4. Re: Why am I getting a 500 error on a newly installed Coldfusion 11?

Thanks,

I re-installed CentOS without apache.  I installed Coldfusion using ~./ColdFusion_11_WWEJ_linux64.bin, and it still gives me a 500 error.  Maybe it's worth mentioning that I installed using the Production+Secure profile.  Maybe it's too secure?  Also, I set the user as "nobody" in the installer (I ran the installer while logged in as root).

I see this in the log file coldfusion-error.log:

[root@d-webehr-app02 logs]# tail -f coldfusion-error.log

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:422)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:104 0)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.jav a:607)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:314)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at coldfusion.CfmServlet.init(CfmServlet.java:97)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:121)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1284)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1197)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:864)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:134)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:104 0)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.jav a:607)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:314)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

Apr 01, 2015 1:34:51 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

INFO: failed to load: coldfusion.CfmServlet

Apr 01, 2015 1:34:51 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke

SEVERE: Allocate exception for servlet CfmServlet

java.lang.NullPointerException

at coldfusion.CfmServlet.init(CfmServlet.java:97)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:121)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1284)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1197)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:864)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:134)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

• 5. Re: Why am I getting a 500 error on a newly installed Coldfusion 11?
                  haxtbh Level 4

Are you getting anything in the log file that references to issues initialising the licensing service?

I would recommend archiving the log files and then restarting the server, then access the page. This way you should have only the relevant logs.

• 6. Re: Why am I getting a 500 error on a newly installed Coldfusion 11?

Thank you for pointing me to that file!

I was able to look up the errorINFO: failed to load: coldfusion.CfmServlet and found this thread:

ColdFusion 10 install on RHEL 6.1

The problem was solved when I updated my hosts file and restarted Coldfusion.

• 7. Re: Why am I getting a 500 error on a newly installed Coldfusion 11?
                      haxtbh Level 4

Good to hear. That was the next thing I was going to recommend.

If you can mark the thread as answered it will help anyone else looking.