3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2007 10:47 PM by kglad

External actionscript - regarding

Raj_ocimum
      Hi
      Thanks in advance.
      I have included one external action script file in my movie. I have given it to developers and asked them to change the url link to their need. But links are not working when they change. Old links are persisting. What to do? The code is like this.

• 1. Re: External actionscript - regarding
          Level 7

Raj_ocimum wrote:
          > Hi
          > Thanks in advance.
          > I have included one external action script file in my movie. I have given it
          > to developers and asked them to change the url link to their need. But links
          > are not working when they change. Old links are persisting. What to do? The
          > code is like this.

They need flash and publish the movie from scratch.
          Flash doesn't actual load action script files, it compile them upon Export/ Preview.
          So editing the file will have no impact whatsoever as long as you not going to
          publish it again from Flash program.
          You could use dynamic text and url's within, than they could adjust at will.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

!!!!!!! Merry Christmas !!!!!!!
          &
          Happy New Year

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: External actionscript - regarding
            Raj_ocimum Level 1
            'You could use dynamic text and url's within, than they could adjust at will'.

Can you help me out how to do so?
            • 3. Re: External actionscript - regarding
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              she's talking about changing your current set-up. instead of hard-coding those url's in your .as file, you would create a textfile that would contain the url's and you would change the code in your .as to load the text file, extract the urls and use them in your getURL() functions.

that way your client could update the url addresses by simply editing the text file. no flash re-compiling would be needed.