1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 1, 2015 7:12 AM by A.T. Romano

how to use file who is saved in my new video project

stefang71394181

ho i use adobe premier elements 12 with license and when i upload video and make changes (delete some scene from it ) i save it in my new video project in very strange video format *.prel after that when i try to upload this new files who is with changes the system cannot upload it becouse not suport this format *.ples how i can make changes about format of the new file who is saved in my new video project?

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: how to use file who is saved in my new video project
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stefang

Your work starts out in a Premiere Elements 12/12.1 project file with the file extension .prel. You can edit your Timeline content and save the project file as a project file if you have not ready to export the file to a format for playback.

When you are ready to export your edited or not edited Timeline content, you go to the opened project's Publish+Share section where you make your choice of export -

a. to file saved to the computer hard drive (with various choices of video and audio compressions and file extensions)

b. burn to disc DVD, AVCHD, or Blu-ray

What do you want to do?

a. export your Timeline to file or burn to disc?

ot

b. selectively export a portion of the Timeline content instead of the whole Timeline content?

For "a" see Publish+Share section.

For "b"

In the Edit area of the program, you set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span just the area to be exported.

and

When you get to Publish+Share/Computer/ and your choice, make sure the choice has an option for "Share Work Area Bar Only" and have a check mark next to that option.

graytabs10.JPG

The screenshot was done with a version earlier than 11, but still applies to the concept of gray tab placement and Share Work Area Bar Only in the export options.

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR