6 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2015 8:33 AM by A.T. Romano

Cannot use Elements 12 because of reported display driver incompatibility, how to fix?

Jim_ACM

I have done many things to my computer to get Premiere Elements 12 to work.  It continues to offer the option of opening but presents a diagnostic that my Display Driver is incompatible.  It is a custom HP display driver which I have tried to update with bad results.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled clean versions of Quicktime and PE 12 as Administrator with no virus or firewall protection. Running CCleaner in between  It changed nothing.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium on an HP dv7 6b78us Entertainment PC (laptop).  I have Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver version 8.15.10.2476.  I have Windows 7 ver. 6.1 SP1 (build 7601 SP1) 64 bit OS.   I have investigated Intel website (it reported I have a custom HP driver needing HP assistance). I have asked HP with no helpful result yet, I have addressed Microsoft with no helpful result (Movie Maker 12 (Windows Essentials also has driver incompatibility problems)); and now I am addressing the Adobe PE forum.