6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2015 11:25 AM by A.T. Romano

Unwanted Adobe graphic over my video

ericm57142210

i finished editing my video and walked away from computer for a couple of hours. I'm came back and found a red Adobe graphic superimposed over my video.  I cannot figure out how it got there and how to delete it. 

• 1. Re: Unwanted Adobe graphic over my video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ericm

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system?

What does this unwanted Adobe graphic say? Is it the tryout Adobe watermark or something else?

Close your project and open it. Do you get a tryout dialog asking you to try or buy? If it is the tryout dialog and you are working from a purchased product, click on License This Product in the tryout dialog and follow the instructions to activate your product with its serial number.

Please review, consider, and supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Unwanted Adobe graphic over my video
            ericm57142210 Level 1

answers:

-student version Adove Premier Elements 13 which was purchased,

-Apple desktop computer,

- I closed it and reopened it and it is still there

-i tried to copy it and the graphic copies over

-graphic is a red box that says offline Adobe

- there is an orange line that I have tried to delete but I cannot even figure out how to click on it or highlight it

-fyi. I am new to this program

thanks for trying to help. 

• 3. Re: Unwanted Adobe graphic over my video
              ericm57142210 Level 1

he graphic says "Media Offline"

• 4. Re: Unwanted Adobe graphic over my video
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>new to this program

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may help

• 5. Re: Unwanted Adobe graphic over my video
                  ericm57142210 Level 1

i will look at that. i think that I brought the video into the editor from a computer file without first uploading it to the organizer.  That may be why I get that graphic. Thanks for your help

• 6. Re: Unwanted Adobe graphic over my video
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

ericm

If you are getting a Media Offline colorful thumbnail that is because

a. you moved, deleted, or renamed the file/folder after you saved closed the project

and/or

b. you store your files on an external hard drive and the external hard drive malfunctioned, possibly changing drive letters.

When you import a file into the project, all you get is a copy of the file in the project. But that copy needs to trace back to

the original at the hard drive save location were it was when it was first imported into the project.

The Elements Organizer should have nothing to do with what you described.

Also, be aware, that when you import a file into a Premiere Elements project, a copy of that file is automatically placed in the

Elements Organizer.

Please list the sequence of events that took place from Premiere Elements Add Media/Files and Folders to the point where you

are getting the Media Offline displays (missing media). If you save close this project, when you go to reopen it, are you greeted

with "Where is the file.....?" message(s)?

Please review and consider, supply supplemental details, and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR