11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2015 9:39 AM by soundministry

Corrupt blu-ray iso

soundministry

Hi,

I have just finished creating my home made video to blu-ray iso but after burning it to Verbatim bluray 25GB disc, Windows still see it as a blank disc. I used Imgburn to burn the iso file. Imgburn didn't have any problem and it burned successfully and the verification was successful as well. Now when I mount the iso on Poweriso virtual drive, I get error saying the file format is invalid or unsupported. I tried Windows in-built virtual drive but I still get similar error saying the disc image file is corrupt. The iso file is around 18GB. I don't know if the reason is Windows can't see huge file size. One thing I was puzzled when burning the disc with Imgburn. I guess Imgburn shouldn't burn it faster than the disc speed. The average burn was more than 6x for the disc which is 6x speed. Not really sure if it has burned the disc faster than it can handle. Haven't tried it on another disc yet with slower speed.

Premiere Elements successfully burned to iso image but now I don't understand where the problem is. I tried making another project with five minutes of video and created blu-ray iso image successfully and it mounts fine on both Poweriso virtual drive and Windows in-built virtual drive and it plays fine with menus.

I have Windows 8.1 64bit, Core2duo 2.66Ghz cpu, AMD Radeon 4670 HD, 4GB ram, around 80 GB free HDD space. My burner is Pioneer  BDR-209DBK. I have updated the firmware to latest version. Using Premiere Elements 13.

Can someone tell me what could be the problem? It took me around 14 hours to burn the project to iso.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Corrupt blu-ray iso
          A.T. Romano Level 7

soundministry

What is the size of the iso file that you obtained from Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 8.1 64 bit? If over 1 GB, then you are dealing with a known issue.

Please read the details in the following

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: ISO Image File Size Issue

Bottom line:

issue is the lack of player recognition for AVCHD on DVD or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc when the disc is created in ImgBurn using a Premiere Elements 13 ISO Image with a file size greater than about 1 GB.

Can you use Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray disc successfully?

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Corrupt blu-ray iso
            soundministry Level 1

Thanks for the reply Romano.

Its around 18GB iso. I haven't tried with Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray disc yet. I once used Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc few days ago but it failed right at the end with error so thought it may do the same if published directly to blu-ray. Didn't wanna risk starting all over again if it failed again on Blu-ray disc. I will give Blu-ray disc a try. But one question. If it fails to burn to disc, does Premiere Elements start all over again with rendering or it will have rendered file ready to be written if tried again publishing to disc as long as you don't close the application?

• 3. Re: Corrupt blu-ray iso
              A.T. Romano Level 7

soundministry

Thanks for the update.

For DVD-VIDEO at least, the temporary files in the Encoded Files Folder should expedite the subsequent burns for the burn to disc if you do not close the session. By default, the Encoded Files Folder is in Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0. The location for that folder can be set via Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks/Disc Encoding.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/scratch-disks.html

The Encoded Files Folder is on my agenda for further look into. Assure that you have enough free hard drive space at that location.

From the wording of the Adobe description, Adobe points to "DVD". I need to research that to verify that all that means is DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc and does not apply to AVCHD on DVD disc or whether it stretches even further to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc.

Looking forward to your results with the burn to disc Blu-ray.

ATR

• 4. Re: Corrupt blu-ray iso
                soundministry Level 1

I just finished with Publish+Share\Computer\AVCHD for same project and again it failed on me. The actual m2t file has only almost half of the project and it plays fine except half of the video is there. Also there is another file with m2t.xmpses extension.  This took me 11 hours and now I am again with incomplete file. I had around 15 GB free space left when the rendering finished. I don't understand this. During the rendering process, I had used the pc just for browsing. This has to be my last attempt when I burn straight to blu-ray disc. I will let you know how I go with burning to blu-ray disc.

• 5. Re: Corrupt blu-ray iso
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

soundministry

In the very beginning you wrote

I have Windows 8.1 64bit, Core2duo 2.66Ghz cpu, AMD Radeon 4670 HD, 4GB ram, around 80 GB free HDD space. My burner is Pioneer  BDR-209DBK. I have updated the firmware to latest version. Using Premiere Elements 13.

The bottom line may be that your computer resources need to be upgrades to at least 8 GB installed RAM and your free hard drive space dramatically increased beyond 80 GB in order to work with a 18 GB export.

m2t files typically present with a companion information file whose file name ends with .m2t.xmpses. You do not need this information file for your purposes.

When you get about 1/2 of the Timeline content in the export, is it the same end part that is missing or is it specific files that go missing?

ATR

• 6. Re: Corrupt blu-ray iso
                    soundministry Level 1

I just finished with Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray and it has been successful except I can't test it on my pc. I have PowerDVD but all I get is black screen with menu background sound playing. I tried with Leawo blu-ray player and I can see the menu but navigating with mouse doesn't work and it gives me the option to turn on virtual remote control and that doesn't work either. I don't have a standalone player at the moment to test the disc. The file size inside the disc is around 17GB so I guess I am good to go except I am still yet to play it. Do you know any other free blu-ray player to test with?

About the Publish+Share\Computer\AVCHD, it is about 2 hours home made movie but in the export I have around the first one hour of the movie. Well I need to tell you that the computer went to sleep after four hours so maybe it has to do with that. The rendering was at 33% after waking up the computer and it resumed from there instead of starting all over again. I set the power management to never sleep after that.  I will try again with Computer\AVDHD.

• 7. Re: Corrupt blu-ray iso
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

soundministry

Thanks for the update. Sounding better and good. Great job.

What about the VLC computer player? I have a blog post on an older VLC player and enabling it for Blu-ray playback. I have to update that blog post one of these days. But, maybe check it out to determine if you can get VLC player to work for you. The menus are the weak point.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Blu-ray Computer Playback and More

Also, consider the Media Player Classic HC mentioned in the above link.

More on this in the morning or later in the day tomorrow.

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR

• 8. Re: Corrupt blu-ray iso
                        soundministry Level 1

Its been a while since my last post. I still have problem with playing the blu-ray disc. Somehow it can't read the disc anymore after successful burn so now my blu-ray discs is unreadable. It was working soon after the burn but after reboot, Windows see it as an empty disc. I tried to check it with Isobuster and it can see all the files with correct file size but to recover the files I need to purchase the software. I tried to play those two discs on my friend's Blu-ray burner and it is the same issue. Computer see it as empty disc. I am guessing I have got fake Verbatim discs because it was cheap. I am waiting for another batch of disc to be delivered before I try again. I guess this time it is disc related issue, not Premiere Elements. The problem is Premiere have to start all over again for encoding same project. Wish it could reuse the encoding file until you delete manually or it had the option to delete automatically or manually so that we could reuse that to save a lot of time for another session for same untouched project.

• 9. Re: Corrupt blu-ray iso
                          soundministry Level 1

ATR,

I have burned this small test project to virtual disc in Virtual CD software and it works fine without menu on Media Player Classic after mounting the virtual disc so I guess the problem was bad burn. I will try again with my actual project to burn on virtual cd. Hope I will have at least saved image file before burning on actual Blu-ray disc.

I couldn't make VLC work. I have copied those two files to correct location and VLC still gives same error as before copying the files.

Thanks for your help.

• 10. Re: Corrupt blu-ray iso
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

soundministry

Thanks for the update.

Hope that the new discs that you ordered will resolved the issue.

From what you wrote, it appears that Windows is not recognizing the content on the disc. Can I assume that Windows is recognizing the DVD or Blu-ray burner drive?

As you schedule permits, please review the contents of your thread to determine if you overlooked any of the comments or I overlooked any of your questions.

Thanks. Hoping for a breakthrough in the issue with your new disks.

ATR

• 11. Re: Corrupt blu-ray iso
                              soundministry Level 1

I used Virtual CD to emulate BD burner and burned to iso image. I burned the iso with Imgburn at 4x on same brand BD disc and its all good. Used Premiere's same session to burn directly on a TDK rewritable BD disc and it went smooth. Both discs can be read by Windows. This time I disabled anti-virus on next Windows startup. I also disabled firewall, stopped Windows automatic update and Windows automatic maintenance. Sometime they do thrash the hard drive and cause failure when burning disc. Those two discs that had failed were I guess due to buffer issue as I got few "waiting for buffer to recover message.." in Imgburn and also maybe it was burning way faster than the disc could handle. I saw it burning whole 18 GB in just under 15 minutes for a 6x disc. My latest burning to BD discs have no issues reading by Windows.

Windows did see the blu-ray burner when I had issues with first two discs and I burned on DVD disc as well for same project. It could play dvd fine but I had problem with those two discs only.

The only thing is I am yet to test the menus with blu-ray discs. I download Powerdvd and WinDVD trial version but Powerdvd gives black screen and WinDVD won't start after the splash screen nothing happens and it disappears. I tested with Leawo and it does show the main menu with background music but the virtual remote doesn't work. I will try on someone else's computer or PS4 to test the menus. I think it should be fine with menus.

Thanks