4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2015 1:07 PM by bryanh45815989

Adobe Premier elements 10

bryanh45815989 Level 1

I have Adobe Premier elements 10 , I am looking to use a Camercorder for an event which uses AVCHD format does Premier 10 support this ? I am on a 64 bit PC

• 1. Re: Adobe Premier elements 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bryanh

Premiere Elements 10 supports video compression referred to as AVCHD (MPEG4 AVC/H.264).

You should find that Premiere Elements does not support the use of AVCHD video compression with the .avi file extension.

What is the brand/model/settings for the camcorder that will be recording your video?

As Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit is a 64 bit application.

Just do not use Premiere Elements 10 on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce card.

Please look at the tryout of the product before purchase to assure the compatibility of the product with your computer environment and

project goals.

Please let us know if questions or clarification needed on the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premier elements 10
            bryanh45815989 Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

I have Premier Element 10 already loaded on my computer.

The Camcorder I am looking to hire is the Sony HXR-NX70E

Spec of my computer is:  Intel(R) Core (Tm)2Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50 GHz with 4GB RAM, system 64 bit.

Using Window 7

Regards

bryanh

• 3. Re: Adobe Premier elements 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

bryanh

I think you should do OK.

From what I have put together on what I have read about the Sony HXR-NX70E, it should be giving you files with the AVCHD video compression and the .mts file extension.

Just go the usual root starting of assuring that you (manually) or the project (automatically) are setting up the project preset to match the properties of your source media which I believe would be 1920 x 1080 @ 50p, 50i, or 25p.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premier elements 10
                bryanh45815989 Level 1

Thanks ATR

Your help has been really useful, I will be shooting in about a weeks time and will give you a progress report.

Many thanks

bryanh