• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open a project in RoboHelp 9

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Till last week my RoboHelp 9 copy was working fine. From yesterday, "Open" dialog box is not showing up. If I click Open icon it will hang. Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

HI there

Do you have a Windows key on your keyboard? If so, press and hold it, then press the left arrow key two or three times. See if the dialog appears.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

Do you have a Windows key on your keyboard? If so, press and hold it, then press the left arrow key two or three times. See if the dialog appears.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick for the quick help!!

Yes, I am able to get it now. I tried your suggestion it worked. Now, should i try your suggestion every time. Is that the only solution or there any other?  Do you know the reason by any chance...:)

Thanks a lot...:)

Rajani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I'm pleased it worked!

When applications appear to "lock up" when you expect to see a dialog, it's a fair guess that the dialog is actually appearing somewhere, but may be in a screen position that is not "viewable". This can happen if perhaps you had the screen set to a really super high resolution, then switched it to a lower resolution. But most commonly it happens when you have been working with a second monitor connected and at some point the second monitor is no longer there. Perhaps in a situation where you have a laptop in a docking station at the workplace, but you disconnect and take the laptop home.

However, I've been using RoboHelp for 20+ years. And over the years I'm aware of one particularly elusive bug with the preview. And in that bug, when it happens, the screen coordinates for the preview window sometimes inexplicably get written where if you had a monitor large enough, the preview would actually appear about ten miles or more away.

Fortunately, the Windows+Left Arrow trick seems to work.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick!!

Wow!!! That’s lot of info.

Indeed, you are right. I did use projector for a training last week. I guess, that is the reason it did not display the dialog box.

Well, very nice to know your experience level; So that I can I reach you for any doubts in RH. I am glad...

Thanks once again.

Rajani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

I have the same problem as that of Rajani's. Unable to open the project in RoboHelp 10.0.

The Windows + Left Arrow click did not do the trick

Please help!

Thanks,

Radtuk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp