5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2015 7:22 PM by runelarneng

I only get sound on my "video" why is it only playing sound?

runelarneng

I have Premier elements13

I follow all the instructions to the  point. when I Publish+share to computer it creates an MPEG file, it plays the sound but no picture/video? What am I missing?

• 1. Re: I only get sound on my "video" why is it only playing sound?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

runelarneng

You have not given us enough information to help you troubleshoot your Premiere Elements 13 no video issue.

1. On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet? If not, please do so.

2. Is your problem specifically in the Premiere Elements 13 Editor or is your issue in the Elements Organizer 13 or both?

3. Assuming this is a Premiere Elements 13 Editor issue, what are the properties of the content that you are putting on the Expert workspace Timeline? If you do not know, often we can get enough information by know the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video.

What is the file extension of the file? Do you have jpeg photos on the Timeline besides video, and are they also not displaying?

4. What specific preset are you selecting under Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG? And, are you using the default setting for the preset or customizing it under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the preset?

The usual questions:

1. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer? Are you running the programs as administrator?

2. Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the manufacturer of the card?

3. Is this a "it worked before but now" or "it never worked before" issue?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: I only get sound on my "video" why is it only playing sound?
            runelarneng Level 1

I have a brand new Lenovo lap top, updated premier elements to 13.1

I'm using video files from my computer, they are originally from my gopro4 camera, format is MP4 and some are .avi

The audio files I have used have been both audio files found in premier elements and MP3 files from my computer.

Hope this helps.

I just bought the software so this is been a problem the whole time. 

Sent from Rune's phone

• 3. Re: I only get sound on my "video" why is it only playing sound?
              runelarneng Level 1

Also I do have the latest version of quick time, top notch graphic card.

What format should the videos be made in for playback on laptop, Windows 8.1

Or in quick time. ?

Been waiting for a response for a while now!!!

Sent from Rune's phone

• 4. Re: I only get sound on my "video" why is it only playing sound?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

runelarneng

Sorry for the delayed reply. I must have lost track of your thread.

What are you using as your player? Windows 8 and 8.1 are known to have Windows Media Player MPEG2 issues. Microsoft issue. In this regard, can you download and install the VLC player and get video as well as audio playback with it?

VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!

Typical drill type considerations....depending to your reply to the above.

Since you present your issue as no video, it is important to assure that you video card/graphics card (in spite of its superior attributes) has a driver version that is up to date. So, please confirm that at the web site of the manufacturer of the card.

Your GoPro video was probably AVCHD or H.264.mp4 and apparently has undergone conversion since you refer to your present source media .mp4 and .avi as "originally" GoPro recording. Please download and install the free codec utility named GSpot to confirm the video properties, specifically Video Name, Codec, and Status as well as Audio Name and Status.

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

Please confirm if you have video in previewing the Timeline content before export.

You say that your MPEG export (Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG has no video. However, you say that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer. Please go to Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime and let me know if you find QuickTime presets in the Presets list.

Please review and consider the above and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: I only get sound on my "video" why is it only playing sound?
                  runelarneng Level 1

I'm downloading the VideoLan, VLC player, But wanted to let you know that I do not see anything mentioning QuickTime uneder   "Publish+Share/Computer"

I'll update again once I have tried the downloads.

should I also try and directly import videos from the go pro camera. ( all I did was copy files from card to computer though)