7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2015 4:39 AM by A.T. Romano

adobe premiere elements 13 - im getting choppy video and audio in premiere elements 13, how can i fix this...

FNGTF84

what settings in preference and project settings can i set to fix this. i have a windows desktop

asus m11

windows 8

64 bit

intel core i5

2.8 ghz

8gb ram

i hav the software on my c drive and in scratch disks preferences i have the rest on my 2tb external drive same as project. thanx in advance...........

• 1. Re: adobe premiere elements 13 - im getting choppy video and audio in premiere elements 13, how can i fix this...
          A.T. Romano Level 7

FNGTF84

Please detail the properties of your source media and the project settings you established to match the properties of your source media.

Have you updated 13 to 13.1 Update yet? If not, please do so.

When the video is choppy during previewing in the Edit area monitor, are you looking at the Timeline rendered or the unrendered Timeline?

In spite of the choppy video in previewing, how does the Timeline content playback in the export of that Timeline?

Let us start here and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: adobe premiere elements 13 - im getting choppy video and audio in premiere elements 13, how can i fix this...
            FNGTF84 Level 1
            thanx a.t.
            i shot the footage with a nikon camera i think its a mov file 24fps 1920x1080, how do i match the properties of my media? in project settings/general i have 1920x1080 and 24fps timecode. i havent upgraded yet. whem im playing the video it is rendered in the timeline. whem the video is exported it plays back fine, no choppy video audio. only on the timeline, its hard to work on the video like this. its disrupptive and slows work flow.im thinking it has to do with the settings in premiere 13, project settings and preferences, audio hardware? what do u think pls help............
            • 3. Re: adobe premiere elements 13 - im getting choppy video and audio in premiere elements 13, how can i fix this...
              A.T. Romano Level 7

FNGTF84

Have you gone through the typical

a. Right click the Edit area monitor, select Playback Settings, and then select Highest instead of Automatic.

b. Video card/graphic card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

If your source is 1920 x 1080 @ 24 progressive frames per second, and your project preset is

Publish+Share

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p24

and you let the project set the project preset automatically......

The Timeline video should have no colored line over it when it is first dragged to the Expert workspace Timeline.

If that is so, the right click the Timeline video, select Time Stretch, and set the Speed% = 99. Close out of there, and

render the Timeline content which now has an orange line over it. Play back this forced rendered content and determine

if the playback is less choppy/improved.

Are you confirming that the 1920 x 1080p24 project settings are in accord with what you see in the Edit Menu/Project Settings/General

24p.JPG

Please remind me, is the previewing OK if you use another source for the video or if you use jpeg photos on the Timeline instead of

the present video source?

ATR

• 4. Re: adobe premiere elements 13 - im getting choppy video and audio in premiere elements 13, how can i fix this...
                FNGTF84 Level 1

THANX A.T.

i did the right click to highest settings instead of auto, and no diff. i d check the video card but i dont kno how to, sorry for the newbyness. what do u mean by project preset auto? i did the timestretch thing and no diff.yes im confirming the settings are 1920x1080 24fps. im hoping things get better......

• 5. Re: adobe premiere elements 13 - im getting choppy video and audio in premiere elements 13, how can i fix this...
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

FNGTF84

Thanks for the follow up. Sorry that the news was not better.

As for project settings (project preset)....that should be set to match the properties of the media that you import. Only one project preset per project, so, if you have more than one format, you need to set priorities for the project, and then work everything else around that prime choice. But, for now, assuming all the project content have the same format.

The program is set up to have the project select the project preset based on its analysis of the properties of the first source you drag to the Timeline. If it cannot do that for some reason, it does not give you the closest project preset for what you need, instead it gives you its default NTSC/AVCHD/Full HD 1080i30 or its PAL counterpart if you are working in a PAL setup. You can always check to see what the project set. See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if they look grayed out). You can view project settings there, but you cannot make significant changes in what has been set. So, you start a new project if the settings are not right.

The manual way for you to set the project preset....

File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings

In Change Settings, change the project preset to match the properties of your source file. OK out of there.

In the New Project dialog that you see next, change the name of the project, and make sure to have a check mark next to Force Selected Project Settings On This Project. OK out of there.

Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using the project's Add Media/Files and Folders.

If you setup according to my suggestions in post 3 and are still have previewing issues, then I think we should look deeper into the video card/graphics card. See Device Manager/Display Adapters to verify what your computer is using. And, then go to the web site of the manufacturer of that card to determine if you have the latest driver for that card.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: adobe premiere elements 13 - im getting choppy video and audio in premiere elements 13, how can i fix this...
                    FNGTF84 Level 1

thanx.at.

i idid evreything u sed for the project settings and everything is correct. but still the same slo choopy video/audio.........i did the device manager thing and it says its up to date its a nvidia geforce gt640. video card or audio card?

• 7. Re: adobe premiere elements 13 - im getting choppy video and audio in premiere elements 13, how can i fix this...
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

FNGTF84

Thanks for the reply.

Just to play safe, confirm the updating of the video card/graphics card driver version at the NVIDIA web site.

More later.

ATR