6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2015 5:49 AM by ryanh72796094

Abobe Premiere Elements 11 slideshow not crisp and slightly pixelated ?

ryanh72796094

Hey all I am having some dramas with editing a clients wedding slideshow , I have rendered it along the way and before saving the last draft what seems to be happening is when I have finalized the slideshow it seems to display on my laptop / and side screen slight pixilation and it isn't as crisp as the pictures when I display them on their own they are fine and same quality as was shot I did the wedding with good quality canon 5 d and 7d equipment its just during the video slide it seems to not look so sharp any tips how I fix this issue would be greatly appreciate as I am new to the slideshow presentation of this program and only ever used the Photoshop elements 11 for editing.

• 1. Re: Abobe Premiere Elements 11 slideshow not crisp and slightly pixelated ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ryanh

Lots of questions...so that I can start thinking about this some more....

1. Premiere Elements 11 on what computer operating system? What is your project preset? If not sure, please tell us the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if they look grayed out) under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

2. What is in this slideshow composed of--- all photos (if so, how many and what pixel dimensions) and/or video (if so, what formats and duration)? Did the Canon 5D and 7D provide video and photos for this project or just one or the other?

3. How are you exporting this slideshow, what is your player? Please give details.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Abobe Premiere Elements 11 slideshow not crisp and slightly pixelated ?
            ryanh72796094 Level 1

Hey A.T. Romano Ill try to answer your series of questions here goes:)

I operate windows Xp of a Toshiba Qosmio x505  I'm not sure how to find out my project preset ?  as I created majority of the slideshow in the Quick edit option,I looked into the Expert under top tab option Edit menu- Project Settings - 3 x options General - Capture + lastly - Video Render - under the video render option it give me a tick box for Maximum Bit Depth ? will this assist me with with my problem at all by ticking it ?? as for the question for reasons for editing mode ? I'm not sure what you mean by that I'm sorry.  My reason for editing mode is to present a slideshow to a client pictures have been uploaded directly from a 3 t/b external hard drive following dimensions Canon 5D Mark III (3840 x 2560)   and (2592 x 1728)  on the Canon 7D the slideshow is composed of just single pictures in Jpeg format put together in sequence of slideshow each one has a roll over of transistions 4- 5 seconds a variety of black out and dissolve cross over (of each) a few tile / texts thrown in at different intervals 5 x songs over the duration of the clip all in Mp3 format total duration so far around 20 minutes.30 seconds no just photos for both no videos exporting directly from my hard drive mentioned earlier most photos have been edited previously through Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 the occasional one through picasa ( a program used through google) mainly for b+w ones. my default player is windows media player Thanks  

• 3. Re: Abobe Premiere Elements 11 slideshow not crisp and slightly pixelated ?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ryanh

Thanks for the details.

1. If you have Premiere Elements 11 Windows on anything other than Window 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, then Premiere Elements 11 is a 32 bit application with all the limitations of the 32 bit system, namely maximum installed RAM = 4 GB of which 3 GB or less of that is available.

So, when I see 3840 x 2560 3:2 and 2592 x 1728 3:2 for your photos' pixel dimensions, I wonder

a. how many photos with those pixel dimensions

and

b. about the impact of 3:2 frame aspect ratio and photos oversized for the project which I suspect is being automatically set to the default  1920 x 1080 16:9 project.

2. Several have reported that photos in a slideshow present sharper in the export if the project preset is set for

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DLSR 1080p30

You would do that by setting the project preset manually

a. File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings

b. In Change Settings, set the above project preset. OK out of there.

c. In the New Project Dialog that you will next see, rename the project and make sure that you have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.

d. Back in the Expert workspace, use Add Media/Files and Folders to import your photos into the project.

When it comes to export, export

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MPG4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30.

With Premiere Elements 11, you are not going to get an output with a higher resolution than 1920 x 1080 16:9.

So, you might do some mini test runs with your photos resized/cropped to 1920 x 1080 16:9 from where they are now

3840 x 2560 3:2 and 2592 x 1738 3.2. The video aspect ratio here are 4:3 and 16:9. The 3:2 aspect ratio is for prints.

The Photoshop Elements Crop Tool should be explored for this purpose (one by one basis rather than batch (unless you have a preferred software for resizing and cropping of photos).

Please review and consider. And, then we can discuss the pros and cons of what to do next to obtain the output the you seek.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Abobe Premiere Elements 11 slideshow not crisp and slightly pixelated ?
                ryanh72796094 Level 1

Thanks for your advice I will try work out some changes only downfall

currently ive spent 40 or so hours already on the slideshow and didnt want

to stary all over again will there be a easy way of highlighting all

pictures and changing my selected ones for the slideshow to the smaller

size you mentioned

• 5. Re: Abobe Premiere Elements 11 slideshow not crisp and slightly pixelated ?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

ryanh

Thanks for the reply.

First do a mini test run in a new project to make sure that the suggestions demonstrate some means for improvement.

Do you have all the source files in one folder on the hard drive?

From what you wrote, you are creating the slideshow in the Premiere Elements Editor workspace and not the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor. Is that correct?

More comments later.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 6. Re: Abobe Premiere Elements 11 slideshow not crisp and slightly pixelated ?
                    ryanh72796094 Level 1

Yes that correct currently through the premiere elements editor workspace