3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2007 9:46 AM by asdi;fuhy

styles don't show up

asdi;fuhy
      Hi. I'm new to the list, though not to Robo etc.
      I want to select Expanding Text from the style drop-down, but it's not there. It's in the list you see when you click Format/Styles though. Why doesn't it display in the Styles dropdown?

Also, I want to customize the Expanding Text style (in Format/Styles dialog). But the Modify/Paragraph is greyed out. Why won't it let me indent this style?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
      Mike
        • 1. Re: styles don't show up
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          Welcome to the forum.

You add expanding text via the DHTML menu after selecting the hotspot and the style is automatically applied. I can't see why you would want to select it from the style menu.

You should be able to modify the style by opening the style sheet in a style sheet editor such as Top Style or plain old Notepad.

• 2. Re: styles don't show up
            Level 1
            Expanding text is inserted via the DHTML menu, as Peter indicated; that's why you can't select it from the Style drop-down menu. You can't indent the paragraph for the style because expanding text is designed to come immediately after a word. It isn't a separate paragraph; the text is inserted into the current paragraph. Because Expanding Text is a character style, you can't customize any paragraph properties.

It sounds like you might find the Drop-Down Text style more useful. The text is designed to come after the paragraph that contains the drop-down link, so you can indent it and customize it like any other paragrph style.
            • 3. Re: styles don't show up
              asdi;fuhy Level 1
              Thanks, I was all balled up having forgotten the difference between expanding text and dropdown.
              Mike