• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content filtered by role

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may need to produce a help system (web-based) for a product whose users have multiple roles. Product management would like the help filtered by role so that the user sees on the content appropriate to his or her role. They do not want a menu for the user to select the role as one of the security requirements is that certain roles be completely hidden from end users, so the help system would have to get the user's role on log in and filter the content from that.

I know I can produce multiple separate help systems using conditional text but this gets complex when there are more than two or three roles and development would prefer to deploy only one help system.

Can this be done in RoboHelp? FWIW, I'm currently using Frame 10 and Word 2010 with WebWorks ePublisher, but could probably get the latest TC Suite if necessary.

Regards

Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith

I'm thinking you should explore Merged WebHelp. If you have a user with a "Super" role, they can be configured so they see the complete system. And if you have users with a narrow view, you have a system containing only what they should see that would be a "child" system and in a separate folder that is part of the entire merged setup.

The "filtering", is then handled by only providing access to the folder (and subfolders) they should see. If they don't have access, the folders simply aren't present and you get what you want. The web admins have the "God" status to choose which folders they can see or not.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks. I will list that as one of the options. Requirements are still being defined, so at this point I'm in the research stage.

Regards

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp