Is it possible to paste a group into another object (i.e. frame) by using the Content Collector Tool while linking the content? Paste Into is either deselected or possibly whatever was last saved to the clipboard ends up inserting. I was able to place grouped, linked content into a frame (and later applied a scrollable frame overlay to it) once or twice but can't seem to repeat. Tried selecting the object being pasted into.. holding shift, holding ctrl, all kinds of options, just very confused now.
I've seen the black Selection tool do it; but not the Content Collector tool. I would venture to guess that it doesn't.
Found a potential work-around (I think....).
1. Use the Content Collector tool and select grouped objects
2. Select Content Placer tool, check "Create Link"
3. Place grouped object into doc/onto page with Content Placer tool
4. Copy placed grouped objects
5. Paste into frame that will be scrollable later
For now it seems like the link still works