3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2015 5:30 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I burn a dual layer DVD video with Premiere Elements?

rross43

I am trying to burn a video from Premiere Elements to a dual layer DVD.   I choose  "DVD" -- and it seems to recognize my disc -- then I "fit to disk" (the video is one hour  -- then I attempt to burn -- and nothing happens.  I have tried it on my internal DVD and on my external BluRay --neither seems to work

• 1. Re: How do I burn a dual layer DVD video with Premiere Elements?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

rross43

What version of Premiere Elements on what computer operating system?

For Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc, burn to: disc choice is indicated for 4.7 GB as well as 8.5 GB DVD disc.

1. In Publish+Share/Disc/DVD, does the burn dialog's burner location show the name of your burner into which the DVD is inserted?

2. With your DVD Double Layer Single Sided disc inserted in the burner tray, does the burn dialog's Status = Ready immediately before you hit the burn button? What does it show in the Quality area there for Space Required and Bitrate with a check mark next to "Fit Content To Available Space"?

3. Can you get a successful

burn to: Folder (4.7 GB)

and

burn to: Folder (8.5 GB)?

If you have Premiere Elements 13/13.1, please look at the issue with and without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preferences disabled. See Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I burn a dual layer DVD video with Premiere Elements?
            rross43 Level 1

I have Premiere Elements 12 --   Use Windows 7 - 64 bit with 4 Gig RAM

On mine, there is no choice of  4.7 or 8.5 --  only choics are  DVD,  4.7 folder,   8.5 folder

Regarding what it shows,  one time I think it did show like it knew it was a double layer -- by indicated space and bit rate -- but did not burn

I did get a successful burn to "8.5 folder"

• 3. Re: How do I burn a dual layer DVD video with Premiere Elements?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

rross43

If you insert a DVD double layer single sided disc in the burner tray, Premiere Elements recognizes that as such with Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc. If you insert a DVD standard in the burner tray, Premiere Elements recognizes that for what it is.

The only time you see a distinction for double layer vs standard disc is in the burn to folder.

Both DVD disc types use the same max bitrate 8.00 Mbps. But, the DVD standard capacity is 4.38 GB not really 4.7 GB, and the DVD double layer single sided is 7.95 GB not really 8.5 GB. That has to do with the disc capacity labeling and not Premiere Elements.

Good job with the burn to folder. In a time crunch, you can take the VIDEO_TS Folder from the saved folder and take it to DVD-VIDEO on DVD double layer single sided disc using the ImgBurn program.

But, back to burn to disc....the successful burn to folder is pointing to the burner or the disc itself. What brand disc are you using?

What is the mode of failure for your burn to disc....you say nothing happens. Does that mean you hit the burner button and nothing happens?

We could look at deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or do a program uninstall, free ccleaner run through, reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled. But, let us review the burner and discs situation first.

Thanks.

ATR