• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to record a time-limited video with Adobe AIR for iOS

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to record a time-limited video with Adobe AIR for iOS.

For example, I want to implement the following function. Start a one-minute timer before launching CameraUI to record video. When the timeout event happens after one minute, stop recording video, close the CameraUI view and obtain the video data so far.

I have several questions related to that.

1. How to stop recording video from outside the CameraUI view(in this case, from the timeout event handler) and then close the CemeraUI view? As far as I know, to close the CameraUI view, the only way is to press the [Use Video] button or the [Cancel] button from inside the CameraUI view. Is it possible to close it from outside?

2. Even if the first problem mentioned above is solved, then how can I get the video data so far(in this case, the video data before the timeout). I know that normally we can get a MediaPromise object from MediaEvent parameter of the  complete handler, and read the video data from the MediaPromise object. But obviously in this case, we can not access the MediaPromise object just because the complete handler itself will not be executed since the [Use Video] button is not pressed.

3. Is it possible to add a stopwatch to show possible remaining recording time when CameraUI view is open? It seems that the CameraUI automatically uses the full screen of iOS device(in my case, iPad) and there is no extra space to show the stopwatch.

Are there any solutions or workarounds about the three problem above? I really appreciate it if anyone has any idea about this. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe staff, will you please give some hint about this problem?  --Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd have more control by using the Camera object, showing the camera on a video object inside a Sprite, and capturing that. Then you could put whatever graphics alongside it on the stage.. I've used FlashyWrappers in a test to capture the video to the library.  It took some work, but the test worked well...

Flash/AIR record videos of your apps and games: Rainbow Creatures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Most reliable way to do so, would be to write an ANE for this. As your requirements need to manipulate a native window (to control or to add stuff over it), it can't directly be done from inside AIR app, and would need an ANE for it, .

-Tushar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines