Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Oracle DB connection.

Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 64bit VM windows server running Windows Server 2008 R2.

I installed Oracle drivers for both 32bit and 64bit.  Have TNS for both setup for my Oracle database.

The setup of the datasource, verified fine.

The web application will connect fine to the database and works sometimes against it.

But will error out at some point, error is:  [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver]TCP/IP error, connection refused.

The database is not the issue since this application and database is running perfectly on an older server that is being decommissioned.

I had first tested with the Coldfusion trial version and everything worked perfectly without error.  Problem appeared to be introduced

after setting the license key.  Also, in the trial version, I was not using the ODBC socket, but there was specifically an Oracle type

available.

Help with this would be very much appreciated - I am stuck.

Thanks Scott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say, “also, in the trial version, I was not using the ODBC socket“. Are you using that (the ODBC socket-type DSN) now? Why? Is the driver you got form Oracle an ODBC or JDBC driver? If the latter (as your error message seems to indicate), then use the “other”-type for creating the DSN. Let us know how that goes or what you think.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you say this is the correct syntax?

I get an error:

Is there an additional path I need to add?

Thank you

Scott Johnson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the issue was related to the Java and JVM settings in the CF Admin.

My CF Class Path was empty, once I applied the correct path, I was able to set the DataSource to the JDBC and it’s working.

This case is closed!

Thank you

Scott Johnson

Nationwide Children's Hospital

Edit:- I have removed your personal info - Anit_Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear, Scott. As for your first message today, with the syntax and the error, those both did not make it into the forum somehow.

But are you saying you DID switch to using JDBC and the “other” style of DSN? Good to hear. Yep, adding an “other” dsn for a new driver (that CF does not come with) does require that you point CF to that driver, and restart.

So with that, would you think it appropriate to mark that first answer I gave as “correct”? That’s the best way to mark a forum thread “closed”. But thanks for the update, regardless.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation