3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2015 8:24 PM by whsprague

Export a jpg or PNG from timeline of Priemere Elements 13

Frank Wimberley

I want to edit a frame for export to print. When I select a frame in my timeline and go to the freeze frame tool the Edit in Photoshop option is greyed out and my only export format available is BMP. How do I export a PNG or TIFF?

• 1. Re: Export a jpg or PNG from timeline of Priemere Elements 13
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You could convert the BMP  to PNG or TIFF in Photoshop Elements.

• 2. Re: Export a jpg or PNG from timeline of Priemere Elements 13
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Frank Wimberley

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements running on?

If you want to grab a frame from a video, you have to capture the frame using Tools Menu/Freeze Frame which will give you the freeze frame as a bmp file. Or you use Publish+Share/Computer/Image to get a video capture as a jpeg still. (Use the thin scroll bar to the right of the Computer choices to scroll down to Image which is toward the bottom of the Computer list of choices.)

What version of Photoshop Elements do you have on your computer along with Premiere Elements 13/13.1.

If you had Photoshop Elements 13, the Tools Menu/Freeze Frame's dialog should allow you to take this freeze frame into Photoshop Elements 13 Editor for edit and export to whatever file you wish. I find it curious when you write

When I select a frame in my timeline and go to the freeze frame tool the Edit in Photoshop option is greyed out and my only export format available is BMP

That suggests to me that you do not have Photoshop Elements 13 on the same computer as Premiere Elements 13. Please consider the details in

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Freeze Frames, Single or More Than One at a Time

Please detail further.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Export a jpg or PNG from timeline of Priemere Elements 13
              whsprague Level 4

A.T. Romano wrote:

If you want to grab a frame from a video, you have to capture the frame using Tools Menu/Freeze Frame which will give you the freeze frame as a bmp file. Or you use Publish+Share/Computer/Image to get a video capture as a jpeg still. (Use the thin scroll bar to the right of the Computer choices to scroll down to Image which is toward the bottom of the Computer list of choices.)

ATR

Thank you ATR.  I had no idea that the JPEG option was there.  I've been using the BMP method.  I'm starting to shoot 4K  3840x2160 video and want to take photos from the footage.  Now I have to figure out if the BMP or the JPEG will make better prints!

Bill