4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2015 7:04 PM by photods

Lightroom 4 printing issue

mch651

I recently got a new printer: Canon Pixma MG7520. When printing with Lightroom 4, I choose borderless printing. The printer works great, but it seems to crop off about 1/4" of the photo all around.. I've tried selecting different paper settings, but nothing seems to work. The preview in Lightroom shows the entire photo. This cropping only happens when printing. Has anyone run into this problem and know how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

M

• 1. Re: Lightroom 4 printing issue
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is a function of the printer driver. It is why a lot of the drivers to to ensure that the entire surface of the paper will get covered. I don't believe there is anything you can do about it.

• 2. Re: Lightroom 4 printing issue
            JoeKostoss Level 4

This is a built-in feature when printing borderless.  The image is expanded by design to make sure that there are no white edges on the paper due to tolerances in the paper feed in the printer or in the nozzle travel within the printer.  You can reduce this some by changing the expansion amount in the printer dialog by selecting Min or Mid in the Page Layout Settings area.  By default it is set to Max.  Mine works fine with Min; you need to test a print on Min.  If you see a white line on one of the print edges, try Mid.

Screenshot 2015-04-03 18.48.03.png

• 3. Re: Lightroom 4 printing issue
              thedigitaldog MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Have that printer, can't print borderless either in Photoshop so I suspect it's a driver issue or something. I'm on OS X if that matters.

• 4. Re: Lightroom 4 printing issue
                photods

It took me a bit of fiddling but I was able to print borderless images from Lightroom 4.4.  I'm using Windows 7.

In Lightroom, on the Print tab,make sure that your margins are set to 0 and the your cell size sliders are all the way to the right, in my case height of 4.00 and width of 6.00.

LightroomJPG.JPG

In the Printer Properties, set to Borderless.

PrinterProperties.JPG

In Lightroom there is a couple of pixel white border on the right of my picture, evident in the first screenshot, but it doesn't appear on the actual print.  I hope that this helps somebody.