What is your computer operating system? Are you working with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?
No antivirus, and I'm on the latest update of my MacBook Pro!
Thanks for the reply.
When was the last time that you installed Premiere Elements and on what computer?
Please excuse the questions, but I do not want to take anything for granted.
1. Are you sure that you have the correct serial number for your Premiere Element 12 Mac? Is there any
chance that you have Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 and you are using the Photoshop
Elements serial number instead of the Premiere Elements serial number?
2. Have you gone to the Adobe web site, signed in with your Adobe ID and Password, typed My Products in the Search field, and followed the My Products link to your product where you find your Adobe Premiere Elements 12 listing and click on it to reveal its serial number in the format 0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000 (including the dashes between the sets of numbers?
3. What computer browser are you using?
I will think about this some more.
Thanks for the response.
1. Yes, when I purchased it I only bought Premiere so there's no way I could mix up the number with anything
2. Yes, this was how I found the number originally
3. I am using chrome.
Thanks for the follow up.
I would try Firefox for Mac if available.
You could try to get some input from Adobe Chat. But, the support there has been very limited especially if the rep interprets the issue as technical rather than an activation matter. But, let us give this a try...
Adobe ID, Signing In
Adobe ID, SIgn In, Account Help
If the above link does not hold its set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.
This could be an issue with the Adobe servers as suggested in this Premiere Elements 12 Mac episode of Invalid Serial Number.
We will be watching for your progress.
I have had the same problem and used the chat facility to no avail. I have been told 4 times that someone will get back to me but no one does.