• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Business catalyst form not working right on an iPad

Participant ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a form on my client's business catalyst website. It doesn't clear on the iPAD after hitting the submit button. If he goes back on the browser-all the information is still there. BC tech support suggested that there was some code that needed to be added to remedy this situation. Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

It is to do with the browser where it remembers field data.

If you do not want to remember the details you add..
autocomplete="off"

To your input fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a browser thing, remembering form fields and is in your safari settings.

If you do not want a form to be remembered you need to add autocomplete="off" to your input fields. But then that will cause other issues. IF someone is having issues with the form or having issues on a computer and need to go back to re-submit again then they will have usability issues having to fill everything out again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanksi Liam,

My client uses the form in their office. The applicant fills out the form in their office on an iPad. If the fields remain filled out after the first applicant submits his/her form, then that information can be stolen by the next person filling out the application. The form contains very sensitive personal information.

Is there a way to handle this? When I test the form in Chrome on my laptop, it works fine. It "seems" to be an issue with the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you do the autocomplete on the input fields as I suggested

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Liam worked a treat. Was having the same issue with the cart discount codes being autocompleted in Safari, little bit of JS later and all good.

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is to do with the browser where it remembers field data.

If you do not want to remember the details you add..
autocomplete="off"

To your input fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Must have been. I had that setting on in Safari and it was causing issues with the discount codes ie. enter the code, clear it or try and enter it again and it wouldn't update the price.

When I switched the auto complete off all worked normally. Not guarateed that all Safari users will have that switched off so added some JS to add the autocomplete attribute to the input field generated by the Discount and Gift tags.

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines