2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2007 7:03 AM by Hanno1962

Hanno1962 Level 1
      I have installed on the server the beyond compare software (code comparison).

If I run from the command line the following : "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 2\BC2.exe" @C:\Script.txt it works fine as my script file contain info on generating an output file.

However if I use
      <cfexecute name="C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 2\BC2.exe"

Has Anybody experience with this tool from CFMX cfexecute as the above does not generate a file, like the command line

Thank you.
        • 1. Re: cfexecute
          Dan Bracuk Level 5
          We use Beyond Compare to move files from our development server to production. However, we have a batch file to tell it what to do, and the cfexecute calls the batch file.

We don't use a file attribute in the cfexecute tag, we use a variable attribute. We then loop through this variable to append data to a log file.
          • 2. Re: cfexecute
            Hanno1962 Level 1
            Thank you!!

Not sure if I understand you correctly.

What I want to achieve is that two files (text1.txt and text2.txt) that are generated with CFMX beforehand are being compared and that the result is -saved- by Beyond compare are an HTML file, which I could then load at a later stage from my app.

If I add a time-out to cfexecutre, it will tell me that "Timeout period expired without completion of c:\bc2\bc2.exe"

I tried to move it into a bat file, but no result either. So I am not sure how your bat file looks like here.

Any ideas how to get something responding, once I get some response I could take it from there to find something that would work for me.

My script file is just a sample script file.

file-report layout:side-by-side &
            options:ignore-unimportant,display-context &
            output-to:c:\bc2\output.html output-options:html-color c:\bc2\text1.txt c:\bc2\text2.txt