3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2007 9:24 PM by kglad

Contact sensitive help

dad_1953
      I am trying to create contact sensitive help. I have been able to get this to work for Label, and Check box components (I am using Flash 8). However I am having problems with the Text Input component.

For Label, and Check box components I use the following code.

lblName.onRollOver = function() {
      lblMiniHelp.text = "Enter Name of person to search for.";
      }

lblLable.onRollOut = function() {
      lblMiniHelp.text = "Click the search button to start your search.";
      }

When I use the same code for a Text Input component, I can’t click into the edit field and enter a name.

I tried to extent a label over the Text Input component; however this didn’t work. When the label and ti box was on the same level I couldn’t click into the ti box. When the label was one layer above the ti box layer I couldn’t click in to the ti box. When the label was one layer below the ti box layer I could click in to the ti box; however I lost the label functionality on the part of the label under the ti box.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can have a Text Input component and have the following functionality:
      1. When I move the mouse over the Text Input component the lblMiniHelp lable will display the help intended help message.
      2. When I move the mouse off the Text Input component, the lblMiniHelp lable will display the help intended help message.
      3. When I click on the Text Input component, I can enter data into it.

Thank you in advance for your help
      Steve