• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

May I please have a live human being with whom to talk and ask my question?!???

Apr 05, 2015 Apr 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying for the umpteenth time to download the Flash Player's updates.  I get through Steps #1 & #2 just fine, and then Step #3 get interrupted with a product to buy from Adobe for $9.99 and I can go no further, since I won't accept being forced to buy something in order to proceed.  How then, do I ever get to step #3 and the completion of the download?

Lucy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucy,

What operating system are you using? (Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS. Linux)

What browser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Andy,

At last some help. I have Macintosh OSX and Browser is Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Click on the following Adobe link. Go to the bottom where it says, "Still having problems?". Click on the link for Safari.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac

If this does not work try posting during the week when Adobe staff will respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucy,

At step 2, the installer file downloads.  At this point you would launch the installer and follow the prompts to install.  Step 3 is the completion page that presents a product offering, however, there is no requirement to install anything.  If you've followed the installation steps (launching the installer, etc), Flash Player should be installed.  Using Safari, please go to Flash Player Help and click on the 'Check Now' button.  If the installation was successful it should display the Flash Player version installed.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

The version I have installed currently is 16.0.0; yet I am still unable to view our Church’s live-streaming of services or my Jacquie Lawson cards because I keep getting the message that the “Flash Player is Out-of-Date!” Now what to do???!!!

Lucy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lucy,

The "Flash Player is Out-of-Date" message is coming from the browser (Safari), not Flash Player itself.

Since version 16.0.0 is being reported, the installation of the latest version, 17.0.0.134, didn't complete successfully. 

1. Delete (include emptying the trash bin) any previously downloaded installers. 
  2. Clear your browser's cache and download the install file again from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
    • After the file finishes downloading, go ahead and exit (quit) out of Safari
  3. Locate the install file downloaded (file name will most likely be AdobeFlashPlayer_17_ta_install.dmg).  This will be in the Downloads directory, unless the default location to save downloaded files to has been changed.
  4. Proceed with installing Flash Player:
    1. Mount the DMG file by dobule-clicking on the file
    • When the DMG mounts, double-click on "Install Adobe Flash Player.app" to launch the installer
      • You may get a warning dialog indicating the file was downloaded from the internet, click 'Open'
    • When prompted for a UserID and password, enter the UserID and password you use to log into your computer (this user ID must have Administrator permissions)
    • Follow prompts to proceed with installation
  5. After installation completes go to the Flash Player Help page and click the 'Check Now' button.  If installation was successful, it should report vesrion 17.0.0.134 installed

If installation was not successful.  Please provide the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_FGE.log files.  The Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? FAQ has instructions on obtaining and uploading the files.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines