What operating system are you using? (Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS. Linux)
What browser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome)
At last some help. I have Macintosh OSX and Browser is Safari.
Click on the following Adobe link. Go to the bottom where it says, "Still having problems?". Click on the link for Safari.
If this does not work try posting during the week when Adobe staff will respond.
At step 2, the installer file downloads. At this point you would launch the installer and follow the prompts to install. Step 3 is the completion page that presents a product offering, however, there is no requirement to install anything. If you've followed the installation steps (launching the installer, etc), Flash Player should be installed. Using Safari, please go to Flash Player Help and click on the 'Check Now' button. If the installation was successful it should display the Flash Player version installed.
The version I have installed currently is 16.0.0; yet I am still unable to view our Church’s live-streaming of services or my Jacquie Lawson cards because I keep getting the message that the “Flash Player is Out-of-Date!” Now what to do???!!!
The "Flash Player is Out-of-Date" message is coming from the browser (Safari), not Flash Player itself.
Since version 16.0.0 is being reported, the installation of the latest version, 188.8.131.52, didn't complete successfully.
- Delete (include emptying the trash bin) any previously downloaded installers.
- Clear your browser's cache and download the install file again from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
- After the file finishes downloading, go ahead and exit (quit) out of Safari
- Locate the install file downloaded (file name will most likely be AdobeFlashPlayer_17_ta_install.dmg). This will be in the Downloads directory, unless the default location to save downloaded files to has been changed.
- Proceed with installing Flash Player:
- Mount the DMG file by dobule-clicking on the file
- When the DMG mounts, double-click on "Install Adobe Flash Player.app" to launch the installer
- You may get a warning dialog indicating the file was downloaded from the internet, click 'Open'
- When prompted for a UserID and password, enter the UserID and password you use to log into your computer (this user ID must have Administrator permissions)
- Follow prompts to proceed with installation
- After installation completes go to the Flash Player Help page and click the 'Check Now' button. If installation was successful, it should report vesrion 184.108.40.206 installed
If installation was not successful. Please provide the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_FGE.log files. The Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? FAQ has instructions on obtaining and uploading the files.