• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to Arrays: need help (sorry for double post!)

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2007 Jan 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone I am new to utilizing arrays in coldfusion. I am using a query which retrieves ItemName, ItemID from my table.

I need to display each retrieved ItemName along with a text box for each Record. The values input into those text boxes will

then be inserted into another table to be retrieved at a later time and date. I am seriously lost on how to do this. From

what I've looked up I need to use some kind of counter function and set that to my results that are to be displayed. Alot of

examples I've looked up on the web show programmers using cfset to bind the number of records retrieved to the array.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologize for lack of knowledge in this area, hopefully in time I will become the

array "master" ( I had to throw something mildy humorous at the end or I'd go crazy at work).
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2007 Jan 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You don't need an array. A better way to do this is append the itemid to the end of your form field names so that you know what text box goes with each record when you process the form. All you need for this is cfoutput.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation