3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2015 8:01 PM by whsprague

Does Premier Elements allow me to record video streaming from the internet?

kc42k

Does Premier Elements allow me to record video streaming from the internet?  If so which version and how?

• 1. Re: Does Premier Elements allow me to record video streaming from the internet?
          whsprague Level 4

No, it does not record.  Google for "screen capture software" or "screen recording software".  I'm not sure, but I think www.techsmith.com/ may be the "king of the mountain", but there are others too. 

• 2. Re: Does Premier Elements allow me to record video streaming from the internet?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

kc42k

Although Premiere Elements is not going to record streaming video from the Internet but there are other programs that can, you should consider the terms of service for the web site that is the source for the streaming video.

Online, there are very comprehensive articles on numerous programs that will do the recording.

But, even those articles point out that many of the Internet web sites that you target for their videos have terms of service that would legally prohibit the recording of streaming video from the named web sites, one example, YouTube, if no download button and depending on the terms of service.

Please consider. Any questions about the above, I can point you to the appropriate documentation on the matter.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Does Premier Elements allow me to record video streaming from the internet?
              whsprague Level 4

A.T. Romano wrote:

.....But, even those articles point out that many of the Internet web sites that you target for their videos have terms of service that would legally prohibit the recording of streaming video from the named web sites, one example, YouTube, if no download button and depending on the terms of service.....

ATR

I don't think that is accurate.  If you Google for "youtube downloader" you will find several.  I use "YTD Video Downloader" to keep a collection of tutorials for offline study.  I don't think personal viewing of downloaded YouTubes is an issue.  Redistributing them probably is.

With the possibility that I may be wrong (again!), please point to "appropriate" documentation that prohibits downloading.

Bill