0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2015 12:55 PM by Aoraki II

Has anyone had luck using the LinkedPageItemOption?

Aoraki II Level 1

Hello scripting wizards : )

In November 2014, another poster - Justin Putney - asked "Does LinkedPageItemOption do anything?" I replied to that a week or so ago but wonder if the original post might have been ignored because the title wasn't well-recieved.

I have a multi-page InDesign document containing about 200 placed graphics created in Illustrator. There are multiple placed files on each page and they are all placed at different percentages of their original size. Ideally, I'd like to be able to run a script only on selected Page Items that will:

• scale the placed graphics to a percentage of their original size (not a percentage of the size as it's currently placed)

• fit frame to content proportionally

I think LinkedPageItemOption might be the way to go, but I can't figure out how to use it.

To keep it simple, I started trying to use it to scale ALL linked page items to 100%. For selecting linked page items, I've tried "theCount" and "every rectangle" and moving linked files to a "Target Layer". For scaling, I've tried "get properties, set horizontal scale to 100, set vertical scale to 100". I also tried the abbreviations hScale and vScale. I've applied these to "selection" and "rectangles" but no luck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

cheers!