5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2015 11:48 AM by Szalam

Error message" The file may be damaged or corrupted -1610153464/ also unable to open projects in the background 26:: 142

Bluecloud7

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me.

I am using AE CC/Windows 7 on a Dell computer, 32 GB RAM, 64 bit op system, processors: Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU x5670 @ 2.93 Ghz 2.93 Ghz (2 processors).

So far I had worked on many projects with no problems and then a few weeks ago the project crashed non stop. The problem was overcome when I got rid of all MP3s and converted them to RAM. Again this was an issue I didn't have in the past and I don't recall changing anything.

Now it seems it is impossible for me to export/render out a project into a Quick time file or even AVI. If its quick time I get this message: After Effects unable to render error  an output module failed. The file may be damaged or corrupted -1610153464 and if I am trying to export with AVI I get this message: AE unable to open projects in the background 26:: 142)

This is happening with different projects.

I read the forums and heard that the problem may be a Bug with quicktime and H.264? I never had a problem with it before but again when I try to export AVI I get this error message:

AE unable to open projects in the background

I have a feeling it is quick time related. I have uninstalled and reinstalled QT but still get the problem. It will open old QT files no problem. I tried to download a bug fix update as one post suggested but I think I have the latest which is why it didn't work. 

This particular project has a couple of quick media H.264 files. Do I need to convert them? Are they the cause for all of this?

I am sorry I really tried to look for answers in the forums before contacting you here but I cannot find a reason for all this mess, which again only appeared a few weeks ago with no problems for months...if someone can point out an area where I can start looking, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.