3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2015 10:07 AM by RjL190365

Processor Compatibility ?

amandadsmith231991 Level 1

Hello, I am looking to purchase the HP - ENVY 2-in-1 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core M - 8GB and was wondering if the Adobe Flash Professional CC is compatible? For the specifications it is says:

• Intel Pentium 4 or Intel Centrino, Intel Xeon, Intel Core Duo (or compatible), or AMD Athlon® 64 processor (2 GHz or faster) processor

So basically I'm wondering if an Intel Core M processor is sufficient.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Processor Compatibility ?
          RjL190365 Level 4

The Core M does not meet Adobe's minimum requirements: It's stock clock speed is simply too low. The fastest Core M processors that's currently available runs at a pathetically low 1.3 GHz with both of its two physical cores are utilized. That's far below Adobe's 2.0 GHz minimum. What's more, the Core M will only activate its Turbo Boost if one of its cores is being loaded while the other sits idle.

And even if it's stock speed were 2.0 GHz or higher, expect pretty lousy performance with any CPU that has only two physical cores, as the Core M is only a dual-core CPU with hyperthreading.

• 2. Re: Processor Compatibility ?
            amandadsmith231991 Level 1

Okay thanks for the reply! How about this one?

I am looking at the following: HP - ENVY 2-in-1 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop Intel Core i7 - 12GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive, processor speed 2.4 ghz, 12gb of ram

• 3. Re: Processor Compatibility ?
              RjL190365 Level 4

For Adobe Flash Professional CC that laptop will suffice, but beefier configurations will still be better. You see, the i7 CPU in that specific configuration still has only two physical CPU cores with hyperthreading (just like all other Broadwell CPUs that aren't branded Pentium or Celeron that shipped thus far). The Pentium and Celeron CPUs of this generation also have two physical cores but lack hyperthreading.

And this forum is for inquiries about which is the best hardware to use with Adobe Premiere Pro, which you do not have any current intention to use.