4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2015 9:00 AM by L.R.Cote

How do I list my PDFs in alphabetical order?

L.R.Cote

It's a simple request that exists in most databases. Seeing all the complaints, it's obvious that this update is for the birds.

• 1. Re: How do I list my PDFs in alphabetical order?
          KhanMehwish Adobe Employee

Hi,

Could you please let us know the device and the OS version that you are using?

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat DC Team

• 2. Re: How do I list my PDFs in alphabetical order?
            L.R.Cote Level 1

Sorry. I'm using an iPhone/iPad on iOS 8, and my question is on Acrobat DC.

This "update" is not only useless as an organizing tool, it erased all my PDFs! Now I have to remember what PDFs I had in it and  what I'll need when working in a client's office.

I'm very disappointed in Adobe for this one.

• 3. Re: How do I list my PDFs in alphabetical order?
              MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi Louise,

Would you take a look at the following document?

How to manage files in Acrobat DC for iOS

I suspect that you are looking at the Recent section.  Your can switch to Local (for the files & folders stored on your iPad/iPhone) or Document Cloud (for the files & folders stored in the Adobe Document Cloud, which is formerly known as Acrobat.com) to find your "lost" files.  The document above will show you how to switch other file location.

Additionally, if files & folders exceed a certain number, Acrobat DC will display them in alphabetical order.

FileBrowser.png

Note: Alphabetical display order is not available in the Recent section (as far as I know).

Please let us know if you have further questions.  Thank you.

• 4. Re: How do I list my PDFs in alphabetical order?
                L.R.Cote Level 1

I needed to restore my PDFs to my phone, so I deleted Acrobat DC and reverted back to Acrobat Reader.  I've spend a lot of time restoring the files to my phone, and it's frustrating that Adobe didn't include good information on how this was going to effect my database.

Somehow it has now re-updated to DC, and everything is a mess again. I have never been so disappointed with a software update! I don't know what the people at Adobe were thinking, but I do not appreciate it.