This content has been marked as final. Show 11 replies
These are the files that get published when all you do is change your project's title the way you mention:
If you're not seeing those in the list of files published, then something's up. What happens when you change the project's title and do a one-time publish with "Republish all" selected?
btw... What does File > Rename Project... do for you? Same results of the name not changing?
Thanks for your tips.
You know what? I haven't yet manually deleted the old projects from the server, as I am prompted to do under File > Rename Project. Earlier today I PREVIEWED the project, and my new and correct name came up in the Browser Title there, but it still didn't change when I actually published to the server. I'm going to delete the old projects from the server and re-publish.
Okay, I'm officially stumped. I deleted the old project folders from the server to which I'm publishing. I renamed the project under File > Rename. I renamed the project under File > Project Settings. And I made sure the correct name was entered under my Primary Layout Properties Window (WebHelp Pro), both in Project Name AND Output Folder. (They really should have added MORE places to change the name!)
When I published to the server, the old name still appeared in my browser title. The only thing I'm wondering is: When I go to File > Rename Project, the Project Folder listed there is of the old name. But that is just the one on my machine, not on the server to which I'm publishing. And I can't edit that field anyway. Does that make sense? Is there something I've missed?
If its just the matter of the Title displayed in the Frame, then the below is the way out...
A simple way to do this would be opening the Start page of your webhelp in an editor (Notepad), e.g. - "...\Start_Page.htm".
Edit the syntax:
<title>ENTER THE NAME YOU WANT</title>
and save the file and open the webhelp, this would display the changes.
You will have to do the above everytime you generate your webhelp.
I am also having the same problem. And, I have a merged WebHelp file (X5) with a whole bunch of sub-projects. The sub-projects are the ones that have the incorrect title in the browser. The main topic (container that holds all the sub-projects) is fine.
It's just not feasable for me to rename each one in the title tag every time I compile. There must be another way....can someone help me find it?
Are you talking about the project title?
The title for the sub projects will only appear if those sub projects are called direct, otherwise you get the title for the parent. If you change the project title in the way ClubHans describes in his second post in this thread, once changed it will stick.
I am having the same issue (I think). I had my project first named as "XYZ Documentation," but later changed it something more meaningful by going to File > Rename Project. When I published the project, the file I got which I use as the link to documentation was still "XYZ_Documentation.htm" I guess you just have to manually change the file names. I was hoping to find a more automated method.
I manually changed the filenames (generated and then re-published). That worked for getting the correct name in the URL, but the Browser Title Bar still reflects the old name. I guess you have to open .html file in notepad and change it manually. If anyone knows of an automated way, please post!
Right click the file and select Open with. Select Notepad. Once that opens, you'll see the HTML script. Search for the title tags (<title> </title>) and replace the old title with the new one.
PS. There are three Project HTM files and I'm curious to know the difference:
Update: Nevermind ... I found the answer by searching on WebHelp Output files.
File | Rename does just that, it renames your Project, not your Start Page.
The start page is defined in the first page of the wizard and does not have to be the same as the project name. Indeed, many people follow the example of the norm for websites and call it index.htm.
The first file is in your list, the others two are files that the webhelp uses.