• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with BC and Google maps integration

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am considering going for the paid option of BC so that I can have access to the web apps.  But before I go ahead, I have  a few questions for someone who may be able to help.

I am building the site on adobe muse - this is not the latest version of muse as I am working on an windows 7 computer.  Would all the BC web apps work on the site for all it is not the latest version?

Also, the thing  I am really interested in is the ability to do an interactive map, building pins etc at the back end - is there any tutorials that anyone can point me to to help possibly with styling of say the little pop up box?  I have watched the AID+BC muse and BC dynamic duo webinar on aidbc already, but wondered if there was more tutorials that would help.

Also, is it possible to use a stylized map, or do you have to go with the default google map?  If you can use a stylized map, how do you add this to the BC web app.

Sorry for so many questions, but need to know before I make the leap onto a paid BC option.

Many thanks for anyone who can help

Michele

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

HI Michelle,

Muse can not and does not utilise or have access to all that BC is. It does not give you access to the layouts and things like eCommerce and Web apps in the full ability sense. You can build interactive maps with the google API, web apps as the source of data, using the address lat and long or geo location ability etc But its not something you can do really Muse on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Michelle,

Muse can not and does not utilise or have access to all that BC is. It does not give you access to the layouts and things like eCommerce and Web apps in the full ability sense. You can build interactive maps with the google API, web apps as the source of data, using the address lat and long or geo location ability etc But its not something you can do really Muse on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam - I understand that I need to use BC to use web apps - I am just wondering if it will work ok on a website built on an earlier version of Muse - I don't want to go ahead and buy BC monthly full subscription so that I can utilise the web apps for my website, if it turns out that BC only works with the latest version of Muse - does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versions of Muse wont matter, Muse will only do so month, even the latter versions so you will likely have to do some coding outside of it to implement things like this.

Muse and BC are not "IT" - BC does not just work with Muse and vice versa. We build lots of varied sites and we do not touch Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thank you Liam - I reckon I will upgrade my business catalyst so I can access the web apps and figure out any customisations as I go . Thank you for your help . Michele

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines