2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2015 4:48 AM by KhanMehwish

How can I save pdf documents for reading off-line?

annah30384786

My android tablet is not a mobile phone, but connected via a modem. I therefore need to be able to save documents for reading off-line, i.e. not in the cloud. How do I go about doing this with the new version? All instructions under "Help" are related to the cloud. In the now defunct reader, I had no problems saving internally, moving pdfs into and between folders was a breeze, but now..... Please help!

• 1. Re: How can I save pdf documents for reading off-line?
          Bansal Rahul Adobe Employee

Hi Anna,

Any file you open in Adobe Acrobat remains on your device until you delete the file from the device. You can continue to access the list of files you have opened from "Home->Recent". If you want to access files which are already saved on your device but not yet opened, you can tap on the floating action button (circular button on bottom right corner in "Recent")  and use the system file browser to open it. You dont need to use the cloud if you dont want to. Please let me know if this does not help in solving your problem.

-Rahul

• 2. Re: How can I save pdf documents for reading off-line?
            KhanMehwish Adobe Employee

The new Adobe Acrobat DC on Android uses the Android system file browser now which can be accessed with the following steps: How to open PDFs on Adobe Acrobat DC on Android. Unfortunately, you will not be able to move or delete PDF files internally from the application. However, you can open any file stored locally on the device, make edits to it and save it internally. Please let us know if this doesn't serve your purpose.

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat DC Team