4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2015 7:25 AM by oldhag

If I put audio in my video the blocks are visible but not the waves?

oldhag

I can't get the wave visible by using moderation under clip, but it cost a lot of time to do them all that way and it isn't music but spoken word. My video's are mostly one and a half hour or longer. But on the end I have a tune, and after use it by two or three video's the music disappears, unless there is music in it. How is this possible? Do I have everytime to restart the program to undo it?

Is it possible that this can be repaired, because this way it cost loads of time and I do have a lot of video's to work out with.

I ask this question also in my own language(Dutch), but this seems to be an English spoken-forum.

• 1. Re: If I put audio in my video the blocks are visible but not the waves?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

oldhag

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

I do not understand what you are doing when you write

I can't get the wave visible by using moderation under clip......it isn't music but spoken word.

If you cannot see the wave form, have you clicked on the speaker icon near the name of the audio track to switch to

the wave form Audio Track Display Style?

If you are really involved with an audio clip,

a. What are these audio clips (music), .mp3, .wav, or other?

b. Please find the Media Cache Files Folder, and delete all the conformed audio (cfa and pek sets) there.

See Edit Menu/Scratch Disks/Media Cache for find the location for these files that you delete.

c. At any time, to you hear audio from these files, either in project's media area, Edit area, or in playback of export. If you have

gotten to export, how are you exporting your Timeline content?

Do the problems resolve if you go to a new project?

Let us start here and then decide what next in the troubleshooting.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: If I put audio in my video the blocks are visible but not the waves?
            oldhag Level 1

Hi AT Romano

First, thank for your time and answer!

In answer to your question,

• I got the new one now and that is premiere Elements 13
            • Windows 8.1

The thing you don't understand... is like a waltz boom pa pa, if you click on it (under section 'clip') than on top appears light blue things.

• No, I don't click on the speaker
            • a: Spoken word; mp3
            • b: very often I delete the cash
            • c: mp3's are okay

What I mean is... I'm busy whole day making several kind of video's, long video's about an hour, an hour and a half, and sometimes almost four hour video.
            Say that I have made 8 video's than put audio in it, it is like it run without memory but my computer run with 8Mb RAM.

If I made a new project, than it is over but the trouble is than I have doing again put it on Pal, put it on 1920 x 1080 and so on and on... it won't keep standing in how I program it.

Maybe I am spoilt with programs that keep on the program as I put it that way? Reason is... I got a lot of video material that I will fast to work out, and I put also a logo in top of the video.. and it cost a lot of time to program it again and again.

So that it is.

Thank u 2

Hans

Bummer, that I can't make with 13 no Time Lapse

• 3. Re: If I put audio in my video the blocks are visible but not the waves?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hans

Thanks for the reply. I think that I am losing something in the details going between Dutch and English and Dutch. We may be using different terms for the same feature.

About Time Lapse....you can still create Time Lapse video in Premiere Elements 13....the essentials are images in series that you drag to the Timeline and take the file duration of each image down to 5 to 1 frame. (0.2 second to 0.04 second).

See ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Time Lapse Video Basics

I think that I have figured out what you meant by "moderation" and the rest of that. Are you trying to create Narration clips to go along with your videos and photos on the Timeline? Is that your "spoken word" .mp3? If you create narration clips with the Premiere Elements Narration Tool (Tools Menu/Narration), the narration clip is created as .wav file, and it gets automatically placed at the position of the Timeline Indicator on the Timeline. See screenshot for the Narration dialog that you see after clicking on Tools Menu/Narration.

Narration.JPG

Look to the left in the Narration Track to where it says Narration. To the left of that is a microphone. If you click on that, one tap at a time, you bring up the waveform that you see in the screenshot or just a view of straight black line. Those choices are called audio track display styles.

Please review and consider the above, and then let me know if I have targeted the information you are seeking. If we are not in sync yet, please let me know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: If I put audio in my video the blocks are visible but not the waves?
                oldhag Level 1

Hi A.T. Romano

No, it has not either with narration tracks to do but by what you said earlier I found out if you start again by loading new project and keep up the saved project than it will work.. but if not, than I will try also as you do put it with screenshots over here so I can make you understand what I mean. So I will try this way if it will work out.

Thanks for your advice about timelapse.. I will have to find out with my Dutch version, but I think that I will find out.

So thanks for your time to help me and I wishing you a great day.

Hans