• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Connect Webcam "Zooming" issue on PC NOT on MAC HELP??

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

So this is about the resolution of the webcam and it "auto" zooming when the webcam window is reduced.

ie.. I have a 480p camera and when the video window is large (approx a quarter of screen real-estate) all is fine.  As i reduce the window or ad more cams from other presenters the image is cropped to just the centre 280p . rather than just reducing the window size it reduces the images size as well.   So a head shot turns into an extreme close up!

This issue does not happen on a mac.

Both are using the adobeconnectaddin  and are up to date with flash etc.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Desktop application

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  When I am acting as the presenter in Adobe Connect and a student joins my class, my webcam suddenly zooms in on my face.  This actually happens on any Adobe Connect session whether I am presenter or joiner, and it only happens once others start to join.  I am using Windows 10, with a built-in webcam on a Dell Inspiron 5368 (5000 series brand new) and usually use Google Chrome as my browser.  It doesn't happen with any other webcam applications (I've used Google Hangouts, Skype, and other software that requires the webcam and allows others to join). 

This seriously affects my ability to teach using this software, and the course coordinator who decides what software to use is aware of this issue as well.  Can someone please look at this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution to this was in controlling the screen real estate and camera resolution.

You will notice if you adjust your cam window size that at a point the image will jump to full frame. as you make the window smaller it will crop to the center of the image.

The only work around is to use a plugin to reduce the resolution of the camera to 520 as a 1080 image will always crop on a smaller window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have this problem and in need of a resulution (pardan the pun). Where is this plug-in if that is the only solution? I have a Surface 3.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to find a solution for this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know the answer also. I am having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to also add my voice to those saying that this is still a problem 4 years later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am having this problem now in October 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same in febuary 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe why cant you just fix this.  Do you really think presenters are going to download a 3rd party app just to fix Adobe Connect's issue.  Fix this damn it.  It is so frustrating to deal with your glitches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, the camera is cropping the image instead of resiszing. No matter the browser, everything (Windows, divers, etc.) is up to date and so forth.

I've tried reaching out to Adobe support, I've spent 3 hours in the chat with a tech asking me unrelated questions (like "have you tried rebooting the computer") and never proposing solutions. It's ponitless to try to get a hold of support. My suggestion: use another platform than Adobe Connect if you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over 5 years this has been an issue.  FIVE YEARS!  Adobe is the WORST.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know! I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What 3rd Party app is used to reduce the camera?  My daughter's online school uses Adobe Connect for classes and she hates to be on camera because of this zooming issue.  We have been struggling since August.  If there are a few people on the call, her camera behaves.  If more join the class, it zooms in for an extreme close up.  😞

The default on the Camera app for her laptop was 720p 16:9.  I changed it to 480 4:3 and 360 16:9.  All had the Zooming issue.

This is a terrible issue and made even more horrible by the fact that it hasn't been fixed in over 4 years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been traumatized by this problem for well over an year with adobe connect on my surface pro 4. I even bought a USB webcam to use, just so that I could overcome this horrible blow on my face zoom up. Nothing seemed to correct his problem. However, I am happy to tell you that I have found a solution that worked for me. 

1. Download and install OBS Studio
  2. Download  and install OBS virtual Cam
  3. Run OBS studio and select capture device as your webcam. 
  4. Let the resolution be default. 
  5. Make changes to brightness etc if you have to.
  6. Go into tools and run OBS Virtual Cam. Do not close OBS
  7. Now start Adobe connect and for camera, select the device OBS Virtual Cam (or something like that)
  8. Woaala !!!.... no zoomed in image.

It worked for me. The way this happens is that OBS takes the webcam feed and converts it into a virtual webcam which surprisingly does not zoom in in adobe connect. 

Worked for me.. hope this helps....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add: setting the OBS Virtual CAM video to a 640X480 resolution helps to eliminate the zooming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clever. Thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very surprised that this issue is not fixed in the application itself as a patch, 7 years later!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using ManyCam and it gives me a zoom option.  It is not perfect, but it does help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do this? I need help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked up BethConley's suggestion of ManyCam.

(https://manycam.com/)

I downloaded the free version.  I followed a guide to set it up and I made sure to click on all the smallest resolution options.  When the Adobe Connect goes to the zoomed in setting, her resolution is more square than rectangular, but it keeps her face a normal size instead of a zoom in on her face.

https://manycam.com/applications/?view=adobe_connect

I hope this helps, and thanks again, BethConley!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

my suggestion for you is to check the settings in Adobe Connect and make sure that your webcam is properly configured. Also, check to see if there are any updates available for Adobe Connect on your PC. If those steps don't work, try updating the webcam driver on your PC. Hopefully, these tips will help you resolve the issue and allow you to have smooth remote meetings in the future. Best of luck! jio speed test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines