• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Inclusion/Exclusion

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH10 with Roboserver. Is there a way to create content that can be viewed by one audience, and hidden from another?   Will that require two separate projects to be created for each audience?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

RoboHelp Server does have some authentication functionality but it does not exactly do what I think you want. When you setup a server area, you can make it protected. This necessiates each user to use a logon / password that has also been setup on the server. However your requirement seems to relate to a single RH project published to the server. That project has some content everyone can see but other content that only some users should see. In other words you want to hide completely some conte

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp Server does have some authentication functionality but it does not exactly do what I think you want. When you setup a server area, you can make it protected. This necessiates each user to use a logon / password that has also been setup on the server. However your requirement seems to relate to a single RH project published to the server. That project has some content everyone can see but other content that only some users should see. In other words you want to hide completely some content from some users.

RH does have the abilty to use conditional tags to "categorise" content for different audiences. This is called Dynamic User Centric Control or DUCC for short. This displays a dropdown in the TOC that allows users to display a subset of the output. However they could still navigate to other content if they wanted to.

Would this meet your needs? If not, I suspect a separate RH project published to its own RH Server area is the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum is right and your request is a popular one! I would strongly encourage you to submit a feature request.

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

I know that Adobe takes these very seriously and your voice will join others in making this enhancement possible.

Thanks

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John. I will submit a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're going to go with separate projects, then. Thank you for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp