3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 4:45 AM by Loic.Aigon

CSV or XML to InDesign Calendar?

rays79807387

i'm trying to take an online calendar (CSV or XML) and import the dates into a calendar template i designed in InDesign.

Is it possible to take the event name, and place it in the correct date spot on my calendar?

I know it's possible to import xml but it but is there an option to assign the event name to the correct date in the Calendar template i designed?

If anyone can help that would be great

• 1. Re: CSV or XML to InDesign Calendar?
          Loic.Aigon Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

I may not have got it all but from what I understood your "event" can only appears in the right spot if set as it. It means that either you XML or CSV input has to get the event info for that specific date. If you work with dynamic events whose date may vary from time to time, you have to either reflow the changed content or use a script that would do the fixes.

HTH,

Loic

http://www.ozalto.com

• 2. Re: CSV or XML to InDesign Calendar?
            rays79807387 Level 1

Loic.Aigon i have an ordinary calendar layout for twelve months. i have a spreadsheet of dates i would like to populate the calendar with. probably about 5 calendar events per month, none re occurring. i have the event date and information already assigned in my calendar and have a csv file with all the information in it. now i would like to import the csv file into Adobe InDesign. Do you know if it is possible to assign the dates from the csv to the correct spot on the calendar? or do i have to place them there manually? thanks for your help Loic.Aigon

• 3. Re: CSV or XML to InDesign Calendar?
              Loic.Aigon Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

I don't think you can get this kind of placement starting from a list of events (dates+details) and an InDesign template without using an advanced plugin such as EasyCatalog. Of course you can use InDesign DataMerge but it implies that your source and layout are specifically designed to work together. The same stands for InDesign and XML.

Loic