3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2015 9:00 AM by A.T. Romano

Saving material help...

DanNOR

Hi

I just started using Premiere Elements 13, I have my uncut raw material on a portable drive and I've cut the raw material for the video.

When the drive is not plugged in, the program can't find the cut material. So here is the question:  How do I save the cut material on the computer without changing/deleting the raw material in the portable drive?

Probably an easy fix for a experienced user of the program.

Thanks!

-Dan-

• 1. Re: Saving material help...
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dan

When you import media into Premiere Elements 13 from an internal or external hard drive, all you get in the project are copies of the originals which are intact in their hard drive save location. But, the project needs to trace back to the originals at the hard drive save location where they were when they were first imported into the project.

The Timeline content fate can be

a. Save the project as project file (.prel) which has your edited Timeline content embedded in the project....you can designated the Save In location for the project to default or custom (File Menu/Save As)

b. Export your Timeline content as a file to the computer hard drive location of your choice....See Publish+Share/ section and the export settings which will include opportunity for you to name and set save location for the export.

If you are still working from the project file (.prel), never move, delete, or rename  the file/folders that are being used in the project after the project file is saved closed.

Please review and consider. If you need clarification on any of the above, please ask, but give as much additional information as possible.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Saving material help...
            DanNOR Level 1

Thanks for good help.

The reason I wanted to do this was because I've have more footage on different drives. But I think I'll store all the material that I shall use on one drive and when I finish editing I can move the unedited material to the drive I want it to be on. This would be easier A stupid beginner question maybe but still im grateful for answer.

Good to know there is experienced help to get here:)

Thanks A.T

-Dan-

• 3. Re: Saving material help...
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Dan

Thanks for the reply.

All questions (big or small) are important if the user does not have the answers for them. We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance. And, the learning and sharing is important so that we do not take anything for granted. User observations have lead to identifying and resolving program issues that were not previously reported.

Best wishes as you move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR