31 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 3:51 PM by mortyfromqueens

How do I change caps of an OpenType font to small caps in my InDesign cc document?

mortyfromqueens Level 1

Greetings, Community. It would be great if I could discover how to change caps of an OpenType font to small caps in my InDesign cc document. That's the simple question.

To be more exact, I have an 18-page play that contains stage directions in caps in parentheses, which I would like to change to small caps. The font I'm using is an OpenType, Minion Pro, with small caps.

Another thing is, I'd ideally like to be able to do that without changing all caps in the document, and also, to not have to convert the caps to lower case in order to do it.

My source document (which I Placed in my InDesign document) is Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac.

I did go to Microsoft to find out how to do it in Word, but could only find a solution for Word for Windows.

I did try their solution anyhow (a macro) but it didn't work.

Thanks a lot. It's great being in InDesign even though I had my good years with QuarkXpress, which eventually became impossible for me.

Morty Sklar