4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2015 4:48 PM by JimHess

Lightroom version and install questions

mikeh89143898

Hello, I hope that someone can help me. I have searched for answers, and spent hours with chat and phone support on this issue, and still do not have a resolution.

I am running Windows 7 64b.

My C: drive is a small 120G SSD drive. I have an F drive, and an H drive which are both mechanical.

The F: drive is my main working hard drive. Everything gets installed to this drive. **I have changed the registry after a fresh install to make this the default Program Files/Program Files(x86) drive** Programs are by default installed to the F: drive, and I have had no issues of any sort with any other application with this setup.

I used to have the Creative Cloud install of Photoshop, and Lightroom, sadly they do not work in this configuration so I was forced to cancel my account with them.

What I would like to know is; if I buy the perpetual license, (standalone version of Lightroom 5) if I can install it to a drive that is NOT the OS drive, and still have it function?  I do not want to install anything to my OS drive.

Can anyone who has this sort of setup let me know if it will work?

Thanks.