2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2015 9:03 AM by trshaner

Setting clipping/overlay/live view

NevLockhart

Hi.

Coming from a CaptureOne Pro background, I'm new to the Lightroom environment.

There are 3 things I would like to know.

I've started to work in LR5 using MAC OS X Yosemite.

1. Can one set the clipping to show highlight and shadow warnings for print?

RGB values are 0 - 255,  want to set it to 10 - 245.

2. Is it possible to change the opacity of the Loupe overlay as it stays at 100%?

3. Is there a "live view" feature in LR5 to view compositions live before shooting?

Regards

Neville

• 1. Re: Setting clipping/overlay/live view
          thedigitaldog MVP & Adobe Community Professional

1. Yes, after setting up a soft proof (type S key) clipping overlay is activated in the upper right of the Histogram area.

2. No.

3. Not sure, (don't teather).

• 2. Re: Setting clipping/overlay/live view
            trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

NevLockhart wrote:

2. Is it possible to change the opacity of the Loupe overlay as it stays at 100%?

You can't do this in Soft Proof mode, but hold down the ALT key when adjusting the Exposure, Whites, or Blacks sliders to see individual RGB channel clipping. All other areas not clipped are Black making it easier to adjust these controls. ALT key is also helpful when adjusting the Detail panel sliders.

NevLockhart wrote:

3. Is there a "live view" feature in LR5 to view compositions live before shooting?

Unfortunately no. I use the Canon EOS Utility Live View mode, which also allows remotely adjusting the camera and Speedlite settings. Lightroom is set to use a "Watched Folder" and I have RawDigger open to check actual raw data clipping when adjusting exposure or Speedlite flash settings. I seriously doubt you'll ever see this full-capability implemented in LR.