2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2015 8:31 AM by A.T. Romano

Trying to install Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 but keep getting error message 'A reduced set of content has been installed' - help!

cathyj7245

We bought Premiere Elements 10/Photoshop Element 10 a while ago and it worked brilliantly on our Window XP machine, but since we moved to Windows 7 last year we can't get Premiere Elements 10 to work properly and always get the error message 'A reduced set of content (Instant Movie Themes, Title and Menu templates, etc) has been installed. You can install the full content by inserting your Content DVD or downloading it. Do you want to install now?'. So I've tried reinserting the DVDs and installing them. I've uninstalled all the software and started again, but each time I get the same message at the end of the process. I've spoken to the computer shop I bought the computer from and they say Windows 7 is incompatible, but that doesn't seem to be what the Adobe web site says. Please, any advice welcome as I've got a year's worth of videos I need to edit.

Thank you!

Adobe Premiere Elements 10.0 

Windows 

• 2 GHz or faster processor with SSE2 support; dual-core processor required for HDV or AVCHD editing and Blu-ray or AVCHD export.
      • Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2, Windows Media Center, Windows Vista® (all applications run native on 32-bit operating systems and in 32-bit compatibility mode on 64-bit operating systems), or Windows 7 (Adobe® Premiere® Elements Editor runs native on 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems; all other applications run native on 32-bit operating systems and in 32-bit compatibility mode on 64-bit operating systems)